Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 5 months ago #9892

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Cheri if you upload all your steve harley stuff to the music player on your phone you can select any track you want as a ringtone.you can use mms as a general ringtone or allocate single tracks to anyone in your contacts directory from the edit tab on your contact details,for example i have bed in the corner as julie browns tone,make me smile for john in stockport,ritz for my youngest son etc,etc
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 5 months ago #9897

• cheri
Jimbo, how would I go about uploading Make Me Smile to my phone??? All of my music is on my desktop computer.

Thanks, and it's good to hear from you. :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 5 months ago #9898

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
jollyroger wrote:
Hey Cheri, working on it - we're pretty certain we can help. if Stella doesn't deliver first!

I wouldn't have a clue. My phone cost a tenner. It just rings and texts. It doesn't even take photo's! :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 5 months ago #9899

• cheri
rebelfreak1 wrote:
Cheri if you upload all your steve harley stuff to the music player on your phone you can select any track you want as a ringtone.you can use mms as a general ringtone or allocate single tracks to anyone in your contacts directory from the edit tab on your contact details,for example i have bed in the corner as julie browns tone,make me smile for john in stockport,ritz for my youngest son etc,etc
Jimbo, I went to Amazon on my phone and purchased and downloaded Make Me Smile to the phone. I also purchased Poetic Justice so that I would have That's My Life in Your Hands and Riding the Waves. I tried like crazy to purchase The Quality of Mercy (MY particular favorite album) because there are SO MANY of my favorite songs on that one, but they didn't have it!!!! So disappointing. :( But, then a miracle happened. ;) When I went to add the Make Me Smile ringtone, I saw that Amazon had downloaded every song and album I ever purchased from them. So now I have about 112 songs on my phone. When I buy from them, I usually get a physical CD in case my computer crashes and I lose the music. But there were times when I just wanted a song at a time by a particular artist. So now I have a variety of songs on my phone, obviously all ones I love. Still don't have Saturday Night at the Fair or any of the other total gems on The Quality of Mercy. BUMMER! But, I'm thrilled that I have many other songs. And I did figure out how to make Make Me Smile my new ringtone. For some reason, it didn't start ringing with those famous opening guitar chords, but then I noticed a setting where I could start the ringtone at the beginning of the song. So, that's another miracle. :) Thanks so much for your help. I think I've figured it all out now. Like I said earlier in this thread, I was the only one of 2 or 2 1/2 people in the United States WITHOUT a smartphone. It's a learning curve for sure, but a fun one. Hope you are well and seeing LOTS of Steve's concerts. Wish I could be there!!!

Love, Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 4 months ago #9958

• cheri
Rachel, I saw that the shop has "The Quality of Mercy" again and I bought a couple of them to give away to friends to spread the word about Steve's music. Then, I thought I would buy two more AND the CD "Anytime." Well, I found out that "Anytime" was sold out! And it has an awesome version of "The Best Years of Our Lives" on it and thought I'd buy another one to give away. Is there any chance that Anytime will be available again for purchase?

Here's hoping (from an avid American Steve fan),
Cheri Thanks. :)

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 4 months ago #9959

• cheri
Rachel, regarding my post above, there are other albums I tried to buy that were apparently Sold Out, such as "Acoustic and Pure", "Yes You Can," "Poetic Justice," etc. Is there any chance that these albums will be available again like "The Quality of Mercy?"

Dying in America from lack of Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel music to spread to others. :)

Cheri