Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 5 months ago #9960

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Cheri most of the albums you ask about are available on amazon.co.uk
regards
Jimbo.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 5 months ago #9961

• cheri
Thanks, Jimbo. :) But why wouldn't they be available here in the shop?

Love, Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 5 months ago #9962

• RachelPAtoSH
Hi Cheri,
We can only sell in our on-line SHOP, product we own.
EMI owns the Masters of most of Steve's albums, and Stranger Comes To Town is with Absolute, as are the Birmingham DVD and CD. The Live CDs Comeuppance own the rights to have mostly sold-out and we would need to order 500 (the minimum press-run a factory will allow). There isn't the demand to justify ordering such large numbers. The rare ones do come up for sale on eBay from time to time. Sorry we can't be more helpful. Rachel

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 4 months ago #9965

• cheri
Rachel, thank you. I did check the UK version of Amazon and found "Anytime," but it was more than 32 and a half pounds Sterling!! And there was only one left in stock. :( So, you don't think the albums would sell 500 each? I bet over time they would. I know I've bought a bunch of Steve's CDs and given them to various people to "spread the word." I'm disappointed, but there's nothing I can do to get more CDs and I appreciate your efforts to get the information out to us. Well, Steve and the band will just have to come to Montana and knock our socks off by playing live. I bet those albums would sell then!! :) I mean, it seems like his popularity is only increasing with the symphony concerts and regular tours. I guess I'm just a girl who is in love with Steve's music and all that comes with the live performances. It's always such a treasure to see him live. I do appreciate the information. Hope you have a lovely Christmas.

Lots of love, Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 4 months ago #9988

• MARTWEB1957
Hi, New Here :)

Joined because I am a long time fan of Steve & Cockney Rebel.

First gig Was York University, think it must have been summer 1973/74 They were headlining, supported by Be Bop Deluxe (lol) same year I got "The Human Menagerie".
Still have the original vinyl :)
Much played!!! and got CD as soon as produced (2004) to preserve the vinyl...

So the whole family are fans! and my sons influenced by my repeated playing of "The Human Menagerie" & "The Psychomodo"

I've seen Steve a few times since and with Cockney Rebel (great), sadly haven't been able to make the recent tours with Orchestra & Choir :(
BUT
We will all be at the Barbican on Saturday 13th :) :) :)
(approx 40 year anniversary for us, lol ;) )

Favorite Tracks (aside all from THM)
Riding the Waves.
Big Big Deal.
Here Comes the Sun

Host of CD's
+ Original Vinyls include.
Face to Face (live double)
Love's A Prima Donna.

Re:New to Steve Harley 9 years 4 months ago #10027

• cheri
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
Hi Cheri,
We can only sell in our on-line SHOP, product we own.
EMI owns the Masters of most of Steve's albums, and Stranger Comes To Town is with Absolute, as are the Birmingham DVD and CD. The Live CDs Comeuppance own the rights to have mostly sold-out and we would need to order 500 (the minimum press-run a factory will allow). There isn't the demand to justify ordering such large numbers. The rare ones do come up for sale on eBay from time to time. Sorry we can't be more helpful. Rachel
Hi, Rachel. :) I have a question regarding shipping costs for CDs bought here on the site. There is a shipping cost of 2.5 pounds Sterling for a CD. I just bought 4 CDs and was charged 2.5 pounds Sterling for EACH one, totaling 10 pounds Sterling. Is that a mistake? When you order a CD, it doesn't add the shipping costs under the total cost of the CDs, rather it automatically adds 2.5 pounds to each CD ordered. Is that supposed to be correct? I just ordered 4 copies of The Quality of Mercy and paid 10 pounds shipping. Just asking.

I hope you have the most wonderful Christmas ever with your family. Lots of good wishes to you and everyone in Steve's inner circle. :)

Love, Cheri