Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7544

• ajsmith
stewart g wrote:
AJ,re irresistible,I think the version on The Castle Communications L.P. is the 1985 release.And Re Heartbeat Like Thunder there was an advert in the NME when it came out ( around half page) which features the same image as on the 7" and 12" release!

Updated - thanks for the info.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7545

• Pandorah
GedKen wrote:
Hi Pandorah,

Steve performing 'White, white dove' and 'Prima Donna' on Supersonic are both on Youtube (if that helps?)

Ah yes! thanks for that gedken :) now I remember white white dove on supersonic and him ( mike mansfield ) saying stand by for Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel ! ( which of cause was the case at the time ) the funky intro of white white dove kicking in with the bongo/ Congo ( whatever they were ) drums. Not bought in with the usual big drum set up. Was that Lindsey on them or Stuart I wonder?

But anyway! I can still remember! See /hear, in my mind’s eye! Can Recall! Que Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel The fade from the mixing desk of mike minefields supersonic show. From the camera shot fade, the shift from there to that unmistakable intro of black or white (with the much slower toned down intro to that of white dove.), those distinctive bells and tinkering piano keys flowing out of a visual screen! And then! Those haunting words
“Behind the walls, the ears of love are listening “! Infiltrate, penetrate, and filter though. Permeate.

Guess! it must have indeed been on some Saturday morning many moons ago whilst actually watching supersonic I saw it!as a 15 going on 16 year old rebel .( and believe ! I was a proper madam so rebellious, so rebellious) oh and cocky with it too :unsure: .
Yes some things do permeate I guess :unsure: :dry:

Mr Griffin, you can be so funny :laugh: you do make me smile. Love ya. :kiss:

This Wikipedia thread is so interesting and challenging! Getting me old brain cells fired up. Love it thanks AJ for the time and effort it’s great.
(Is this your day job AJ ? or you just doing this for the love of it)

Just makes me wonder! I do wonder :unsure: why it took so long to collate. ;)

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7546

• Mr Raffles
As Stewart says the Black or White performance on Supersonic was on one of the few editions of that show that got wiped.A real shame. I too remember seeing it live on TV all those years ago! The only thing i can be sure of was that Steve was wearing his 'all white ensemble' similar to what he wore for Musikladen 76. If you look hard enough on Youtube Black or White exists from the Dutch show TopPop.Maybe Roualt has already posted it.He's definitely uploaded about a minute of the ultra rare video promo of that song.Perhaps one day we'll see the rest of it?

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7547

• ajsmith
Pandorah wrote:
GedKen wrote:
This Wikipedia thread is so interesting and challenging! Getting me old brain cells fired up. Love it thanks AJ for the time and effort it’s great.
(Is this your day job AJ ? or you just doing this for the love of it)

Just makes me wonder! I do wonder :unsure: why it took so long to collate. ;)

If only it was a day job :cheer:

I've been doing articles on Wikipedia for a good few years now and enjoy it very much. I was surprised that pretty much all the singles had no article - especially the hits like Mr Raffles etc.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7551

• Pandorah
If only it was a day job :cheer:

I've been doing articles on Wikipedia for a good few years now and enjoy it very much. I was surprised that pretty much all the singles had no article - especially the hits like Mr Raffles etc.[/quote]

Good on you Aj :-)
Doing a fine job , much appreciated .
Been a long time coming .

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7557

• Liddyminto
  • Rediscovered Steve Harley after IndigO2 Dec 2011.
I have absolutely nothing to add to this fantastic thread - except to say, "Guys, you have amazing knowledge and excellent memories." I feel quite the dullard! :S

Well done and thank you for all this fascinating info. :cheer: