Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7538

• stewart g
AJ,re Black or White,it was also sung live on the ITV Pop Programme Supersonic ( No recording of it on video exists!).
Record Mirroe reviewed at the time as a cert for number 1 and better than Bohemian Rhapsody!

Michael,check out The Alan Parsons Live album from 1995,there are some extra studio tracks at the end of it.Featuring the likes of Chris Thompson etc.One of the tracks is called Take The Money and Run written by Stuart Elliott and lead vocal by Stuart Elliott! and very fine it is too.He can sing alright! ;)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7539

• stewart g
Re Take The Money And Run by Alan Parsons with lead vocal by our Stuart.It's up on Youtube.posted by Francombusken.Wonder if Stella or anyone can work their magic and post the track on this thread? :)

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7540

• GedKen

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7541

• Pandorah
stewart g wrote:
AJ,re Black or White,it was also sung live on the ITV Pop Programme Supersonic ( No recording of it on video exists!).
Record Mirroe reviewed at the time as a cert for number 1 and better than Bohemian Rhapsody!

Michael,check out The Alan Parsons Live album from 1995,there are some extra studio tracks at the end of it.Featuring the likes of Chris Thompson etc.One of the tracks is called Take The Money and Run written by Stuart Elliott and lead vocal by Stuart Elliott! and very fine it is too.He can sing alright! ;)
Stewart I'm sure I've got a supersonic recording somewhere on video of Steve harley on supersonic and thought it was of black or white ! If its not that track ? then what else did mike Mansfield Que. cockney rebel to ? Let me know if I've compleat lay lost the plot stew . Because I remember watching it .

I'm now thinking I must find all them videos I've been sent in the past by hardcore fans . God knows where they are ? I left them in the loft . I'm on a mission now . Time for a sort out . Just hope they didn't meet the same fate as my scrap books of 74-76 with all my collections of music paper cuttings of rebel and the stuff Roz ? Ros from the original fan club sent .they were banished to the shed whilst part of the loft was converted for baby space !

I also had roll the dice Video and ballerina ! And what was that one shot as a western old west theme!
Was it one more time ?
God I must be getting old ! Lol

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7542

• GedKen
Hi Pandorah,

Steve performing 'White, white dove' and 'Prima Donna' on Supersonic are both on Youtube (if that helps?)

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 2 months ago #7543

• stewart g
Ged,Thanks for Take The Money And Run.Wish I could do that!!! :( Really love the track!)
Debs,Ged's right White White Dove and Love's A Primadonna were also on Supersonic as well as Black Or White.Sadly Black Or White was on one of the very few issues of Superonic that was wiped, I believe.
The western video I think you refer to is Amerika The Brave one of those Hobo videos that were made in 1978.The others being Roll The Dice and I Wish It would Rain.Don't think a video was done for One More Time ?
Ros/z used to send me stuff as well from Manchester Square :)
Getting Old? You? Never! ;)