Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7532

• ajsmith
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7533

• Michael Carraway
John-Paul Crocker violin??? On Black Or White??
On Black Or White?
Not possible, surely. He left the group in 1974 and never played a note with Harley, ever again.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7534

• Michael Carraway
am enjoying your articles, but just for the record (no pun.....) The Quality Of Mercy is not out-of-print, is it?We ordered a copy yesterday, from this website - link to SHOP.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7535

• Michael Carraway
Sorry to gripe, but I think I read earlier today, somewhere among these articles, "backing vocals - Stuart Elliott". Elliott has been quoted somewhere else, maybe on the Harley forum? - as saying he "couldn't sing a note in tune", so it does seem unlikely. Sorry if I've got confused. But that's my reading of it. Maybe check with Harley or Elliott

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7536

• ajsmith
Hi Michael,

You are right about John-Paul Crocker - I have removed his name from the personnel.

Didn't realise the Quality of Mercy album was available through the site - it had second-hand copies only on amazon and ebay when I looked and they were fetching £20 or so, but it does seem to be in print after all. Does anybody know if it is the original Gott Discs release that's available through the store?

In regards to Stuart Elliott, it says he contributed to backing vocals to Heartbeat Like Thunder here: steveharley.www.50megs.com/bio.html

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 1 month ago #7537

• stewart g
AJ,re irresistible,I think the version on The Castle Communications L.P. is the 1985 release.And Re Heartbeat Like Thunder there was an advert in the NME when it came out ( around half page) which features the same image as on the 7" and 12" release!