Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Wikipedia 7 years 9 months ago #11646

• ajsmith
A new page, this time an article within an article, has now been completed for Steve and Sarah Brightman's version of The Phantom of the Opera. It is part of the main article already in existence about the song:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Phantom_of_the...Steve_Harley_version

The background to this 1986 single, and Steve's overall involvement in the musical, makes a fascinating story. Oddly enough, the song's Wikipedia article didn't mention the SB and SH version beforehand, despite it being the first recording of it.

Please login/register to post on the forum.

Wikipedia 7 years 7 months ago #11734

• ajsmith
A couple of new updates:

The 'Stranger Comes to Town' article now as a 'Singles' section, which has details on 'Faith & Virtue' and 'For Sale. Baby Shoes. Never Worn': en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stranger_Comes_to_Town#Singles

As non-charting singles that belong to a parent album, Wikipedia can be a bit funny about such songs having their own separate articles.

And a new article on the 1988 ITV Telethon charity single 'Whatever You Believe', which was performed/recorded with Mike Batt and Jon Anderson: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whatever_You_Believe

Wikipedia 7 years 2 months ago #12040

• ajsmith
Greetings all,

An update on the Wikipedia front - all of the album/single articles have recently been revamped and tidied up. In my opinion they look much better for it and I hope those interested on the forum will agree. Furthermore, many articles, particularly the studio albums, have been considerably expanded so the coverage is much more balanced and rounded now.

I'm very pleased with the latest updates, which have been done over the last couple of months. The only two pages left to tackle are the main biography pages 'Steve Harley' and 'Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel'. These will be tackled in due course.

A good page linking to all of the album/single articles is the 'Steve Harley discography' page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Harley_discography
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stella Day, newiejudy

Wikipedia 7 years 2 months ago #12041

• MattB
Excellent work as always AJS.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajsmith

Wikipedia 7 years 2 months ago #12045

• stewart g
Thanx AJ !
The following user(s) said Thank You: ajsmith