Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Wikipedia

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7582

• stewart g
For THE PHANTOM...you've not got Judy Teen on video from Top Of The Pops in that Garage of yours have you?? :P :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7583

• ajsmith
stewart g wrote:
Re Someones Coming....

Hobo was released in Summer 1978 with Roll The Dice as the lead single.Someones Coming was released in early 1979 when I Think Mr H had just moved back to the Uk.
I remember he was on Kid Jensens Roundtable in March 1979 with Pter Powell also.Someones coming was being promoted then as a new single..and Harley was back in the UK.

I would say thus that the album that was released following Harley's return from America was The Candidate?

Thanks Stewart for the concert date and the info on I Can't Even Touch You - now updated that. I did think it was March 1979 but previous editors had put it down to 1978 and I noticed this collection of clippings: www.harleyfanzone.com/70/Scrapbook/1978/...arley_Collection.htm

Perhaps the release was postponed then? One clipping says it has been released and others say different. :huh:

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7584

• Tglyn
Not sure if it;s been mentioned but I was at the gig seeing Steven at Barbarella nightclub in the centre of Birmingham,

I have just found issues 10 and 11 headed`"My Only Vice" Steve Harley...seems to be full of great info, reviews and photos, I think maybe issues during 1992. Does anyone else have them.
How could I post the pages in the forum.

An interesting question in issue 10 is what is`the connection between Steve Harley and Clive Dunn,,,,It seems to be Herbie Flowers as`they co wrote the Clive Dunn song Grandad which reached the number one spot. It also says that Herbie was an Ex-Cockney Rebel
Tony

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7592

• ajsmith

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7593

• stewart g
Aj,Nice article re White White Dove.
Perhaps you could supply the link to the live version of white white dove on youtube?
It was though definatly was not performed live at The Symphony Hall in Birmingham towards the end of 2012.The track From Timeless Flight that was performed at that gig was Black Or White ( which was simply magnificent!!)
Hope this helps.... :)

Re:Wikipedia 11 years 3 months ago #7597

• GedKen
stewart g wrote:
.... I would say thus that the album that was released following Harley's return from America was The Candidate?

Also on PJH's fine website there is a further cutting that seems to confirm Stewart's sequence of events.

www.harleyfanzone.com/70/Scrapbook/1979/...ddersfield_Daily.htm

Stewart.... 'knock on her world' (?) - hopefully roualt58 or sssikuk may have a recording to hand? (and I thought I finally had peace of mind with 'the race game' surfacing after so many years!)