& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3101

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
cheri wrote:
I'm so glad you are finally getting to see the show there; as I remember, you drove Ana to the venue then had to sit in your car during the performance, didn't you? This way we can all sit together and enjoy the show! :D

Cheri

Don't worry Cheri, he got to see a show when we met. He was my plus one for the Leamington Spa show! :) We had a fabu time!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3102

• cheri
Stella Day wrote:
Cheri, Just google taxis newport pagnell heathrow. You'll get loads of results and can usually book on line (or phone from the US). I know I'd do the same if I were you.
Here's just one www.british-airport-transfers.co.uk/?gcl..._kj6wCFUNO4QodjVtWLA
Stella, thank you so much for the link. I will use it! :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3103

• cheri
essexboybilly wrote:
Just tought, the Saturday is no-show day, so I guess that's when you'll get your sightseeing in! Billy
Hi, essexboybilly! :) We get in to the new coachway in Milton Keynes at 1:35 p.m. on Saturday, yes. By the time we get to the hotel, we hope to be able to explore the town a little by foot. What time does it get dark during the winter in that part of the world, by the way?

And, yes, our schedule is as follows: We arrive in London and stay the 13th to the 17th, then go to Newport Pagnell for two days, then back to London on the 19th and fly home on the 22nd. I am trying to get hold of an old, old friend from way back who I had an exchange with when I was a young teenager. I'm hoping to have lunch with her on the 21st. That seems to be the only day we have free. Actually, after lunch, we plan on doing a little shopping on our last day. We have to get up at about 4:00 a.m. on the 22nd since our Virgin Atlantic flight leaves at 9:45 a.m.

Does anyone know which place would be the best for shopping: Westfield Shopping Mall near the Shephard's Bush area or Oxford Street?

Talk with you soon,
Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3104

• cheri
AlizarinStag wrote:
cheri wrote:
I'm so glad you are finally getting to see the show there; as I remember, you drove Ana to the venue then had to sit in your car during the performance, didn't you? This way we can all sit together and enjoy the show! :D

Cheri

Don't worry Cheri, he got to see a show when we met. He was my plus one for the Leamington Spa show! :) We had a fabu time!

I'm so glad you two got to see the show. As I recalled (incorrectly), he was going to drive you to the Stables and sit in his car as the show was sold out. So glad you two got together. I can't wait to meet all the fans. So sorry you cannot be there. :(

Wishing you all the best, Ana,
Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3105

• cheri
Okay, here is the deal regarding having dinner before the show at the Indigo O2 on Friday, December 16th. My idea was to have dinner at one of the restaurants on Entertainment Avenue at the arena because we'll be right there near the show and won't risk being late. However, Stella e-mailed me about a really nice restaurant called Joe Allen Restaurant, where she has eaten many times. It looks very nice. The address is:

Joe Allen Restaurant
13 Exeter Street
London WC2E 7DT
Telephone: 020 7836 0651

We have three "groups" of people that have to meet for dinner as I am reading it: Ffcforever and his wife and my friend Kathy and I, Stella, and Rebelfreak1. We need to decide what is the best way to go about this. We still need input from Ffcforever and Rebelfreak1. The restaurant looks beautiful, but I am worried about being late for the concert. What are your thoughts about this? It may seem a bit early to make plans like this, but Stella says that her restaurant needs reservations, plus I want to get all the details squared away before we start doing things last-minute. I'm afraid I'm not good at thinking on my feet--I have to have everything planned out so I know where I have to be and when I have to be there.

Let me know what you guys think, Ffcforever and Rebelfreak1, okay?

Thanks so much. I know we will be able to coordinate a beautiful night. I'm so excited to meet you. :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3106

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Hi Cheri, sorry have been away from the forum and the internet over the last week as away for half term! I fully understand your concerns over getting the restaurant booked so that we can eat early enough so as not to be late for the restaurant.
I was more than happy to eat at the o2 as the range of restaurants is incredible including 'English - Fish and Chips' and it is rare that you have to book as there is more than enough capacity and the turnover is quick - however I am open to suggestions! Normally it would be the last day of term for me and Mrs Baines but unfortunately my school terminated my contract before half term and although I am paid in full until the end of December, I will need a find a new school from 2012!
Speak soon