Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3106

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Hi Cheri, sorry have been away from the forum and the internet over the last week as away for half term! I fully understand your concerns over getting the restaurant booked so that we can eat early enough so as not to be late for the restaurant.
I was more than happy to eat at the o2 as the range of restaurants is incredible including 'English - Fish and Chips' and it is rare that you have to book as there is more than enough capacity and the turnover is quick - however I am open to suggestions! Normally it would be the last day of term for me and Mrs Baines but unfortunately my school terminated my contract before half term and although I am paid in full until the end of December, I will need a find a new school from 2012!
Speak soon
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3107

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
cheri wrote:
Okay, here is the deal regarding having dinner before the show at the Indigo O2 on Friday, December 16th. My idea was to have dinner at one of the restaurants on Entertainment Avenue at the arena because we'll be right there near the show and won't risk being late. However, Stella e-mailed me about a really nice restaurant called Joe Allen Restaurant, where she has eaten many times. It looks very nice. The address is:

Joe Allen Restaurant
13 Exeter Street
London WC2E 7DT
Telephone: 020 7836 0651

No Cheri, I meant Joe Allens would be a great place for you and your friend to go when in the vicinity of the National Gallery and Covent Garden......not for us Rebellers. It's far too far from the O2. :woohoo:
No. If I make it to the O2 there's plenty of places for us all to eat there. :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3108

• cheri
Ffcforever, scratch the idea of eating at Joe Allen's pre-concert at the Indigo O2. I totally misunderstood Stella's e-mail to me. We just all need to decide on a restaurant at the O2 to meet at before Steve's concert. I suggested two, now you guys (Stella and "Jambo" included) need to provide your input. Too bad they don't allow cameras in the O2; we could have had a group picture! :D

I'm so sorry to hear that your contract has been terminated. :( I hope you are not too busy trying to find another school to get together on the 21st to travel around London. I just know you are too smart and too talented not to find another school, but it must be very stressful to be put in your position.

All the best to you, and I will keep in touch, of course. :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3109

• cheri
Stella Day wrote:
cheri wrote:
Okay, here is the deal regarding having dinner before the show at the Indigo O2 on Friday, December 16th. My idea was to have dinner at one of the restaurants on Entertainment Avenue at the arena because we'll be right there near the show and won't risk being late. However, Stella e-mailed me about a really nice restaurant called Joe Allen Restaurant, where she has eaten many times. It looks very nice. The address is:

Joe Allen Restaurant
13 Exeter Street
London WC2E 7DT
Telephone: 020 7836 0651

No Cheri, I meant Joe Allens would be a great place for you and your friend to go when in the vicinity of the National Gallery and Covent Garden......not for us Rebellers. It's far too far from the O2. :woohoo:
No. If I make it to the O2 there's plenty of places for us all to eat there. :)

Stella, so sorry to have misunderstood you so badly!! :blush: I'm glad you think dinner at the O2 is the best choice. I certainly wouldn't want to miss ANY of Steve's show. Silly me! What I'm really hoping for is that you can make it to dinner and the show, and that Rebelfreak1 can, also. I think it would be great to all get together and enjoy a show by a man we all feel so passionate about.

I'll continue to keep in touch. I hope you are doing fine. :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3110

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Hi Cheri,
I now have my ticket for the o2 show (standing same as you-(thats the only way to see the full band show,seating is for the acoustic show)-.
I live 200 miles from London but I am planning to come by train and be in London for mid to late afternoon.I am booking a hotel close to the venue so will be be able to meet up with you guys there and will be fine with wherever you decide to eat.
Keep in touch on here or via e-mail (address earlier in this discussion ).
xx
jimbojambojumbo. B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3111

• cheri
rebelfreak1 wrote:
Hi Cheri,
I now have my ticket for the o2 show (standing same as you-(thats the only way to see the full band show,seating is for the acoustic show)-.
I live 200 miles from London but I am planning to come by train and be in London for mid to late afternoon.I am booking a hotel close to the venue so will be be able to meet up with you guys there and will be fine with wherever you decide to eat.
Keep in touch on here or via e-mail (address earlier in this discussion ).
xx
jimbojambojumbo. B)
Jumbo, yay!! You'll be at the O2. I admire your tenacity travelling 200 miles to see the show. It will be great to meet you! :) I've suggested two restaurants at the venue: Armadillo and Union Square. We just all need to decide which one to go to and what time to meet. I just wish they allowed cameras in there so we could take a group picture. :D I'm glad you'll be in the downstairs standing area, too. We can all hang out and move around together. :)

Ffcforever, Jumbo, Stella, what time do you think we should all meet at the restaurant, and which restaurant do you want to go to?

I'll keep in touch. I still have your e-mail. :)

Cheri