Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7613

• GedKen
Hi,

it looks as though Graham (and Stewart) have 72-89/90 British gigs listed. Fantastic. The website has all gigs from 2005 onwards.

So it looks as though we still need listings of any/all British gigs between 1990 and 2004 inclusive; any/all European dates since '72 until 2004 inclusive; any/all American dates since '72 to 2004 inclusive; and any other dates since '72, (for example I noticed Steve played for the Dutch royal family in mid April '74).

Listing tour dates can take up a fair bit of time, so if it would be easier, please just photocopy your flyer/tour list etc; with the dates on - send them on to me

Gerry Kennedy,
41 Leicester Road,
Wanstead,
London E11 2DW.

or scan it and email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

and I will input the list onto the website.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7630

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve would love to hear if anyone who saw the original band at The Speakeasy Nightclub, Margaret St, London, is still following his career.
He doesn't believe he has ever actually played for the Dutch Royal Family. He remembers a very early show at Ewell Tech College, Surrey, wearing the clown, lurex outfits.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7631

• GedKen
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
(Steve) doesn't believe he has ever actually played for the Dutch Royal Family.

Hi Rachel,

oh right, well it was more of a charity event according to the piece. If it helps clarify, here is the article from PJH's website (Record Mirror 20/04/74).

www.harleyfanzone.com/70/Scrapbook/1974/royals/20apr.htm

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7633

• Mr Raffles
I spent several years researching Cockney Rebel's early concerts and my list is too long to publish here.I can quickly glance at it thou to give you some really early shows. Chalkfarm Roundhouse July 23rd 1972....Greyhound Pub Fulham November 17th 1972....King's Cross Cinema December 16th and 23rd 1972.....Marquee Club London March 16th 1973....Ewell Technical College March 31st 1973...Speakeasy,London June 23rd 1973....Lyceum,London September 21st 1973. I'd like to know if Steve has any memories of these shows? I think they supported Jeff Beck at the Roundhouse gig in July 1972 which is the earliest 'Cockney Rebel' concert i can find. There was also the Greyhound Fulham shows when the band appeared from behind a curtain to the music of 'Hey Big Spender'. And the Kings Cross Cinema shows from December 1972 included a stripper...must have been decorating the place at the time!!! Perhaps i can photocopy my list and send it to someone?

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7634

• GedKen
GedKen wrote:
Listing tour dates can take up a fair bit of time, so if it would be easier, please just photocopy your flyer/tour list etc; with the dates on - send them on to me

Gerry Kennedy,
41 Leicester Road,
Wanstead,
London E11 2DW.

or scan it and email to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

and I will input the list onto the website.

Yes please mr raffles please send to the above.

Great to see early gigs listed. Did you get to any of them at all esp. the Speakeasy '73?

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7635

• Mr Raffles
If i had a time machine i would take it back to 1972 and follow Steve and Cockney Rebel from the start. Unfortunately my first concert was much later than that in the 80's.I'll try to get my list photocopied and off to you as soon as possible Gerry. By the way Rachel does Steve want to hear from fans attending the Speakeasy gigs out of interest or is it because the whole weird and wonderful time was just a 'blur' to him? Wasn't that only supposed to happen during the 60's ?? !!