Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7564

• stewart g
Rachel,was it the Timeless Flight tour or Best Years tour that at The Glasgow Apollo the band played an afternoon show as well as an evening show ? Sure I remember that happened somewhere along the line?

There's something to check on the itinary please or maybe some of our Scottish correspondents could help Graham and Ray with this one? :)
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7565

• Reb55
I can confirm that Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel performed at 3pm on Sunday 6th April 1975 at the Glasgow Apollo during the Best Years tour. My first time :)

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7566

• Pandorah
GrahamEd wrote:
Fantastic stuff, thanks Stewart. I am feeling confident we can build a pretty good list here- and it would be great to have the opportunity for everyone to add some recollections and tit-bits about the various shows as well. Wait till we get into the 90s and 2000s, there is a lot to go at ;) . Graham

Ditto ! this is brilliant ! 74-76 was lucky enough to witness the 1st original band on tour and then the 2nd incarnation,with Jim, Duncun,& George so did the Halls and ballrooms ! ( is the cali on them lists ? california ballroom Dunstable ) march 75 I think ) ill check ! but anyway I went away and had babies ! in the 80's to 90's so hadn't a clue what was going on ! but towards the end of the 90's 97 and all through the 2000 years to date, I was on the road following the man so I guess I can contribute and recall ;)
have a stack of ticket stubbs ( volumes ) and many memories :)

Graham did the post arrive ? only I haven't heard anything since november ? I sent the programe more or less straight away . Please tell me you've got it ! let me know it arrived safe . I'd hate to think you never received it .

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7567

• Pandorah
ah ! now I've checked that list! I know I had only just turned 14 in 74 in the May but I went to see him twice that year in the same venue ! he came back to StAlbans Civic centre as a date was added , 31st of May is on the list ,and that was my birthday prezzy from mum & dad . I begged and pleaded to go. and I can only guess by looking at the list that the only possible date they could of come back on, on that tour would have been either the 19th june ? or 10th july ? or somewhere between July 23rd and August 25th dates ! unless one of the others were cancelled , but I definately saw Cockney Rebel twice in 74 both at the Civic Hall st Albans.they added an extra date.due to Mr soft being released shortly after Judyteen. I think judy was released in the febuary/March time
then Mr soft April /May time , pretty close together anyway and im sure Judy got to no 5 where as followed up behind by Mr soft ! that flew in , climbed to No.3 in the charts, some one will correct me if i'm wronge im sure :unsure:

so due to the high demand to see them live st.Albans Civic had a second date added .
SO!to 75. April 12th I went to wembley empire pool and on June 7th crystal palace for the Garden Party. then up to the Californian ballroom in Dunstable.
I only ever saw Cockney Reble 5 times befor I had Babies and thats where I saw them. there must be a record of that extra date somewhere ?

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7568

• Pandorah
Biba ! I cant see biba's on the list ! :unsure:

doh ! EDIT :blush: just found it :blink:

so ! the beckenham Arts Lab ( rat n parrot ) does that count ? as places he's performed or is it just the band ! touring ? because isn't that where it all began ? when Bowie moved of his friday night spot and went off with the spiders ? and what about Odin ? or Oden ? or what ever they where called , stella was it Katie who baby sat for them or you ? whilst steve played with them ?
:unsure:

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7569

• Pandorah
GedKen wrote:
GedKen wrote:
Looking back over a couple of years it is striking how many gigs Steve clocks up each year.

Times have changed of course, but he must be gigging more now than in the heady mid-seventies.

Um, has anyone kept/got a list/logbook of all his gigs to date?..... from the early days onwards.

GrahamEd - masterful first post!

Does anyone think we could build up a complete list of gigs on this website?

By the way - FYI, I came across a little website called crazyravers that has some nice surprises - not least of which is an interview Steve gave to a US journalist (for Trouser Press) in which he puts the NME in their place; plus a great early article in the said NME (which is mentioned in the Trouser Press interview).

Deborah agrees with Gedken facinating :) well done boys ;)

yes I recon we could all contribute to this

and Kev's site is amazeing crazy just like him love it always did rave about it , shame he's not updated it for time . brilliant love his rooms I have spent hours in them.