Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7570

• GedKen
Just logged on and I am stunned.

Great idea to have the list all in one place and it would be fantastic to read people's reminisces of some of those gigs.

What a delight! Wonderful.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7571

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Pandorah wrote:
Biba ! I cant see biba's on the list ! :unsure:

doh ! EDIT :blush: just found it :blink:

so ! the beckenham Arts Lab ( rat n parrot ) does that count ? as places he's performed or is it just the band ! touring ? because isn't that where it all began ? when Bowie moved of his friday night spot and went off with the spiders ? and what about Odin ? or Oden ? or what ever they where called , stella was it Katie who baby sat for them or you ? whilst steve played with them ?
:unsure:

Both Katie and I (but Katie mostly) babysat for Bill and Jo's daughter, who was called Friday. It wasn't while Steve was playing with them though, it was later than that. Bill gave me a photo of a long-haired Steve in a tie-dye t-shirt. Either I lost it or Katie nicked it.....later....when her affections turned from Kenny to Steve Harley....which wasn't until she went to uni in 1980 and missed all my LP's. She nicked the huge Timeless Flight Advert that I'd begged from the Harlequin record store in Chatham's Pentagon centre too.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7572

• sean
i can remember going to a gig near Victoria Station in London well before the Camden palace gig

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7574

• Pandorah
Both Katie and I (but Katie mostly) babysat for Bill and Jo's daughter, who was called Friday. It wasn't while Steve was playing with them though, it was later than that. Bill gave me a photo of a long-haired Steve in a tie-dye t-shirt. Either I lost it or Katie nicked it.....later....when her affections turned from Kenny to Steve Harley....which wasn't until she went to uni in 1980 and missed all my LP's. She nicked the huge Timeless Flight Advert that I'd begged from the Harlequin record store in Chatham's Pentagon centre too.[/quote]

Brilliant ! You just couldn't make it up ! Could ya ?
Sister 's ! :dry:
Don't ya just love em?
Actually ! I've a couple of them or is it 3 ?
Seriously ! Where would you be without them!

( I know ! Sat looking at a young Steve in a tie-dye T.shirt and wondering where that poster would look best in the house ? Lol )

How is our Katie ? Still strolling the beaches of Portugal ?

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7575

• GedKen
sean wrote:
i can remember going to a gig near Victoria Station in London well before the Camden palace gig

Hi sean, welcome.

That may have been The Venue - 10 June '83 (on the lists here). I hitched down to London from Sunderland for that gig.

Would be great to a list of all of Steve's gigs (Odin, CR, SH&CR, SH etc;).

Oh Lord, what a thought.... there are the European dates as well.... and others?

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 2 months ago #7585

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Pandorah wrote:

How is our Katie ? Still strolling the beaches of Portugal ?

Katie still lives and works in Portugal but rarely strolls the beaches because of her so very pale complexion :laugh:
I have three sisters. I don't know where I'd be without them. They're far flung now but we regularly Skype and last year we all stayed out in a hotel in Portugal for Katie's 50th.(she's the "baby" of the family... ie. spoilt.) We shared rooms as we did as children.....such fun! :laugh:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.