Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 1 month ago #7727

• Mr Raffles
Incredible number of concerts Steve's done over the years.How do you begin to have memories when such numbers are involved?? Just apologies to Gerry once more. I've got the gig list from 72-76 photocopied and in an envelope but just as i was about to check out your postal address this site 'crashed'. For my computer at least. Will post it tomorrow for you.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 1 month ago #7728

• GedKen
Mr Raffles wrote:
Incredible number of concerts Steve's done over the years.How do you begin to have memories when such numbers are involved?? Just apologies to Gerry once more. I've got the gig list from 72-76 photocopied and in an envelope but just as i was about to check out your postal address this site 'crashed'. For my computer at least. Will post it tomorrow for you.

Thanks Mr. Raffles that is fine.

Well, what a job Graham and Ray have done! Another fan, David Jones, did a fair bit of work on the late nineties and early noughties gigs, but we have to take our hats off to this work.

I spent a day at the British Library sloooowly going through old copies of the Melody Maker without too much additional success. The effort that must have gone into this listing is something else! Amazing. What a list to build on.

I have the US dates for the support slot on '75 Kinks tour, and there a few dates British dates I can add/suggest which I have gleaned from the fanzines I have.

Any European and other US dates would be great to have, especially from the '70s.

According to the 'My Only Vice' fanzine Steve played five consecutive nights in Zimbabwe during November '91. If anyone has any details that would be great to see.

But whoa, what a piece of work guys! I shall raise a glass to you tonight! :) :) :)

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 1 month ago #7729

• Pandorah
that's amazing ! reading through the lists 74 and the early days ! then the lost years when I went away and had babies ! then from 97 onward ! the rediscovery years :-)
all the gigs flagging up In my mind , recalling places id followed him ! gigs I actually attended it really is incredible to recall , as they flashed by in my mind I realised what an incredible wonderful journey I've actually been on over the years following the man and his music .! I've met some awesome people on the way and visited some beautiful towns and city's here and across the waters , trains and boats and planes have taken me all over the place ! places id never have been to with out the reason ! and each and every one remain forever logged in the memory bank ! you know I'm quite sure the man was heavenly sent to guide this child through life .
God given .

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 1 month ago #7730

• Pandorah
this programme I have here states
Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel !
Acoustic Set with
Jack Bruce In a very special appearance
at The Quay Theatre Sudbury
in aid of The Bridge Project

I'm not quite sure of the actual date but its 1999 October 4th maybe ?
It was Laura willmot's birthday and ms Morrison was hauled up in Bed recovering from a Gould bladder op !

anyway !

Jo partridge was on Guitar / vocals
Paul Francis was on Drums / percussion
Lilly Gonzales was also on percussion / vocals
Adam Houghton was also on Drums
Robbie Gladwell was on Guitar / vocals
John Meaney was on Keyboards / vocals
Lincoln Anderson was on Bass Guitar

and it was a very special night !
remember it like yesterday !
I've still got my view of it posted on the discussion board dated 4th October 1999
the songs played with Jack Bruce included cream numbers
white room, Sunshine of your love , I Feel Free robbie started that song off with some wonderful harmonies as the others on stage joined in ! Jack Bruce's bass playing was a joy ! you just had to be there !

hmmm ! must dig out what else I have

I remember another charity gig done in marque in the grounds of some country house with nick Pynn I went to ? Sussex way ! Ah BORDE HILL it was
September 19th 1998
if I can work out how to share it here ! ill take a pic on this phone and upload it ! :-)
don't hold your breath though !

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 1 month ago #7731

• joanna
:cheer:
This makes incredible and really interesting reading for a 1970`s fan who "fell off the wagon" (life and all that !!)..... but who has during the last 4 years been guided "Back to the fold' somehow for some reason and is loving every minute of it.
A HUGE THANK YOU for the amount of hard work from all the contributors...
and of course not forgetting The Main Man himself x :blush:
Smile x

Re:S Harley & Cockney Rebel Concert London 80s/90s 11 years 1 month ago #7732

• Pandorah
:woohoo:
well that's it ! but I can't see it now :-(
Stella help :unsure: