Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symphony Hall

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6872

• Singular Band
Now that night was phenominal and will forever stay with me. Massive fan of the music from the original and best version of Cockney Rebel (1973 and 1974) up to probably Big Big Deal and therafter the music is okay. However oh what a night! Having been to many gigs and concerts since about 1973 (including those of other artists!) I can honestly say, that night stands up there as simply being the best. Thanks Mr H...... youmadeushappy!

Look forward to a London equivalent now in 2013?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6873

• stewart g
Midge...re Andrew Powell if you check out some of the Alan Parsons Projects early Albums Tales Of Mystery and Imagination from 1976 and I Robot from 1977 to name but two..Andrew is over all the albums from memory, contributing his musical genius! I Robot also features a very fine vocal from Steve on a track called The Voice..so worth checking that out anyway!! :)Those pictures that were posted a little earlier on this thread from Saturday night really are superb,would love a dvd or cd of the show if at all possible.Saturday was truly a wonderful experience and it will live in the memory forever.And yes I was another one whose eyes welled up during the show a few times, not ashamed to admit it,the music I love, played in the perfect setting so why not? I was expecting to hear Judy Teen but not Black Or White and especially Stranger Comes To Town.I don't think I've ever seen Steve perform and I mean the word perform a song better ever than Stranger.It was incredible he acted the song with so much passion and drama..the tune has been constantly in my head since the show.Who would have thought that? and what's even better is the Stranger Comes to my town again in a couple of weeks..what a wonderful world !! I didn't meet everyone on Saturday night who post's on here sadly..but I did catch up with Cheri and Judie,lovely warm people whose smiles I wont forget! :)..and Manchester's next!! ;)

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6875

• buchanan17
Great show, yes know the Alan Parsons track with Steve on.

Was confused when Black or White showed up but the best songs at the concert were the full orchestral ones: Sebastian, Death Trip, Black or White, Tumbling Down.

Shame he couldn't have fitted in The Lighthouse with that full on violin solo.

Only complaint is that the sax was too far down in the mix and first time it was played it wasn't on at all!

Heard some staff saying the show was recorded by the THSH but won't be released :(

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6876

• buchanan17
"We were up by the mixing desk area and all around there was respect. I heard one of the sound guys actually say, "oh, Christ he's changimng the set!!"

I wish you'd shouted to the sound guys to "turn up the sax" :)

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6877

• buchanan17
bigbadbob wrote:
great show but in my /our opinion not his best!

blah blah blah

And the problem with the interval "not being announced" was? Exactly. Didn't matter so why comment.

And "stories to stretch time". It was nigh on 3 hours anyway, including interval, no need to have to stretch. he just wanted to chat and enjoy the moment.

And the clearing of the stage. It's what orchestras do, they wait in an orderly fashion.

There was some idiot who came down the front and said "he must come back on, he hasn't played Make me Smile yet"....

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6878

• essexboybilly
Missed it!! I could cry. Personal stuff took over at the last minute, had to give our seats to my sister and husband, who called after the show and rubbed salt in with stories of the night. "I'm sinking fast, I'll soon be down on my knees"
Steve: PLEASE do another. PLEEEEASE!!!