Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symphony Hall

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6885

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Wow. What a night that was and how it rained. Saw Birmingham through rain-streaked taxi windows mostly. My first visit. Nice place Birmingham......friendly people. I enjoyed the concert immensely with my husband John who's recovering from chemo and normally in bed by 9pm :laugh: but managed to stay awake :)
It was lovely to meet Ana from Buffalo for the first time. What a sweetie she is!
The concert exceeded expectations. I think everything's already been said here. It was awesome. The biggest surprise was the enthusiasm that Steve Norman brought to it all. He was fantastic and so much fun. Sign him up Steve but at your peril. You don't want him to steal the limelight like Barry does :laugh:
I'd have liked a brochure but didn't want it to get wet on the way back. Will they be available from the Shop Rachel?

And Ray...... :woohoo: ;)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6886

• buchanan17
Maggie Jones wrote:
Also, I guess in a big hall like that people in different areas get different sound balances, but the sax was fine where we were. Loved the Cavaliers solos on harmonica and sax, the two guys, SH and SN, looked like they'd played together forever!!

I was down where he said you shouldn't sit for the best sound(!), but the harmonica was much louder for me than the sax in the duet you mention.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6887

• frodehsr
Well written Jack, couldn´t agree more !!

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6888

• frodehsr
A FANTASTIC EVENING. Steve fullfilled all my expectations + + + Me and my family have landed back in Norway, but mentally I have not landed yet! I need som more days to digest all the unique moments of this consert. Thank you ! and also thanks for your picturesque story about BODØ !! Malstrøm and Nordlys (Polar light).

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6889

• Graeme
:ohmy: Oh dear Ray. When you told me your opinion/thoughts in the hotel bar after the gig, as a mate I said to you that you'd most certainly got it completely and woefully wrong. I thought maybe you'd had a beer or two too many and it had clouded your judgement. You don't know how shocked I am to see you actually posted those bizarre and misguided thoughts on Harley's "missed words". I don't think anyone else noticed and if they had they probably thought that it is just part and parcel of playing 'live'. I can understand people's annoyance Ray, because even to me, a friend, it appears to be nitpicking in the extreme. Hopefully you're already regretting your rash words despite the forceful defence your putting up. Think about it in the cool light of day mate, because this time, and it hurts me to say so, you really have got it so so badly wrong. :(

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6890

• RachelPAtoSH
Graeme. Thank you. Your voice of reason will go down very well around here, I assure you.
RACHEL