Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symphony Hall

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #6859

• jollyroger
Ray Mr Important SMITH:
Read the Guestbook.
You appear to stand alone, and that doesn't make you big
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #6860

• dave e
Surely that is the whole idea of a LIVE concert? I would rather listen to a performer relying on his talent and charisma to entertain than delivering a karaoke show. i know you are a long standing fan but it is sad that you seem to enjoy throwing pebbles in the pond just for your own self importance on a night that was a complete triumph. By using your 'Steve knows me' comment makes it even more pathetic. As Rod Stewart says if it don't fall on it's arse every now again it ain't rock'n'roll!
Ps I was going to contribute to your favourite Harley song poll but won't bother now that you have shown your true colours! With fans like you Steve certainly doesn't need critics
PATHETIC!!!

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #6861

• midge
Just to chip in with my two pen'orth. What a fantastic concert. Those big numbers... well, they took my breath away. During Death Trip, I actually mouthed the words 'My God'! Those songs deserved be to played like that. It's a night I will never forget.
Praise has to be given to: Andrew Powell for his arrangements and conducting with such passion (anyone recommend any of his other works? I would love to hear more); The Orchestra of the swan and choir - they really showed us those songs in their true colours; Barry Wickens was in his element as was Adam Houghton; Steve Norman - what a pleasure it was to watch and listen to you, I'm sure we'll be seeing you again. And Steve Harley, what a performance! He dug deep and he sang with a passion I have rarely seen. Sure, it was a big task for him - to perform and sing songs he had never performed live and he admitted many times his brains cells were long gone (but then, he messed up the words of Make me Smile on TOTP in '75 didn't he, so what do you expect?) But he put his heart and soul in to that performance - and that's something I'll always appreciate. He wasn't just going through the motions, he was giving us a gift, a thank you for following him for 40 years. And I got it. Steve, Rachel, Comeuppance, Lincoln, James, Robbie et al - from a fan since '73, thank you.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #6862

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve will be updated tomorrow - but it's great for all of us on the team to read these great enthusiastic comments.
On our way back from Birmingham - the tour bus stopped overnight....some of us drank a nip form a particulary nice aperitif from a Somerset fan.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #6863

• Ray Smith
yes I've scanned the guest book... great words I've given great words before even in a personal letter to steve...i don't give a crap what you think of me.. I'm just telling as it is.... look u guys.. i still stand my original posting posting... I LOVE steve ... followed him for years... don't rip me for that!

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #6864

• Ray Smith
yes I've scanned the guest book... great words I've given great words before even in a personal letter to steve...i don't give a crap what you think of me.. I'm just telling as it is.... look u guys.. i still stand my original posting posting... I LOVE steve ... followed him for years... don't rip me for that!