Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve discusses life on the road

Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1389

• maxwell
I watched the video this morning and I must say I was a little disappointed in what Steve had to say.
He says he hates rehearsing and only joins in for the last hour after the rest of the band has been rehearsing for 5 or 6 hours.
As much as he hates it, surely he owes it to his fans (who after all are paying good money to see his shows)to put on the best show possible and if that means rehearing with the rest of the band then so be it. Perhaps then he wouldn't feel the need to change the timing of his lines as he does on this video.
Steve, you are my hero, stay that way....
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1390

• cockneyrebel1
B) B) I too have read that SH hates rehearsing. But I think that with or without further rehearsal SH gives us, the fans, an amazing live performance! Whatever rehearsal he may or may not take part in, his performance on stage cannot be surpassed, in my opinion. B)

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1391

• groverhead
Maxwell, watch it again. The glint in the eye, the half-smile: maybe you are missing the wind-up you know, the irony?
I'd say, having watched 19 concert performances (some acoustic) over the last 20 years, Steve certainly rehearses...buy a ticket for the next show near you and discover a consummate professional at work - rehearsed to the finest detail, in this fan's humble opinion - how else could Steve get away with all that improvisation? The band are constantly having tofollow changes in the set-list it seems.
He doesn't owe anything to his fans that we don't get, in spades.

Re: Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1393

• crazy horse
which paticular video are we talking about here ?

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1394

• groverhead
I presume it's the one where Steve sits in a rehearsal studio, on a stool.

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1395

• maxwell
Hi All,
As requested I have watched it again and this "The glint in the eye, the half-smile: maybe you are missing the wind-up you know, the irony" that has been mentioned.
Steve has made himself very unpopular with the press for the last 30 years or so with arrogant statements and the blind faithful (me included) have always defended him.
As I am getting older I have lost that blind faith and see and hear things as they really are.
I am not here to upset anyone on the board, but think the sentence "He doesn't owe anything to his fans that we don't get, in spades." (although makes no sense) was an attack on me.
Sorry for any offence,
M