Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Steve discusses life on the road

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1396

• groverhead
Greetings, Maxwell. No attack was intended at all, believe me. BAnd no ofence will be taken, not by me anyway. You'll certainly see the commitment Steve gives, once yuu get to a live show. Nobody does it better! Have a good weekend.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1397

• crazy horse
id still like MAXWELL to tell us what footage he has been watching ,then i maybe able to offer somthing constructive,we all have lapses of faith occasionally,there a couple tracks /albuns i havent taken to as much as i would have liked ,but to lose faith in an artist with nearly 35 yrs in the biz would be a mistake

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1408

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
I AGREE WITH CRAZY HORSE. I TOO WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE TO VIEW THIS FOOTAGE SO WE ALSO COULD OFFER OUR OWN OPINIONS.

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 8 months ago #1413

• robertotechno
Crazy Horse and PHANTOM - go to VIDEOS (on the bar on the top here)and it's the one titlesd "Steve Discusses Life On..., picture of SH on a stool, sleeves rolled up. It's vintage SH, just joshing with the pretty interviewer it opooks like! Of course he rehearses, anyone who sees this outfit on stage can't fail to recognise great players at work, led by a great leader. Happy Sunday to you all.

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 7 months ago #1448

• maxwell
Hi All again.

I feel like I'm already a condemned man, but here goes....

He is clearly under rehearsed (and out of time) for several tracks on the "come back all is forgiven video", "Riding the waves" at the IOW festival in 2004 and also during "Sebastian" at Glastonbury this year.(check out "you tube")
I have never lost faith in the man, but blind faith? I am a grown man of nearly 50 and blind faith is for kids and fools.

I reiterate my first comment on the topic and that is he owes it to the people who pay to see him to do the VERY best he can and if that means rehearsing more then so be it and nobody is beyond criticism (even heroes)

I'll sit back now and wait for the obvious backlash. ;-)

Re:Steve discusses life on the road 13 years 7 months ago #1449

• crazy horse
regarding the debate on STEVE rehersing or under rehersing,you have to take into account that STEVE has played these songs live a hundred thousand times ,therefore he may possibly see rehersing material he knows so well as going through the motions ,plus to much fine tuning would lose a lot of his spontaneity,which has become his trademark ,and i wouldnt worry to much about taking flack on this subject ,after all we are all here to discuss as adults (arent we ?),but i will say this ,if you really beleive that you are being ripped off in any way with the live performances ,and cannot be convinced otherwise ,then simply dont go B)