Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1728

• cheri
Mark, I've scoured YouTube for every song I can find. It's amazing how many songs Steve has written. I'll take your advice and buy some CDs; I have one coming sometime after Christmas (The Quality of Mercy), but was thinking of buying a couple of his early CDs, too, specifically Human Menagerie and Psychomodo.

Crazy Horse, I don't mind if I can't watch the DVD on my tv as long as I can watch on my PC. I have a pretty big screen. :)

Thanks, guys, for your comments. I'm looking forward to receiving the Isle of Wight DVD and I have ordered his book, too. Lots to look forward to! :)

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1729

• crazy horse
wise choice ,i would strongly advise the first 3 or 4 albums

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1734

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Cheri, one of the best thing about Steve is there is so much to choose from and you never know what you're going to fall in love with. I definitely recommend trying it all. Heh. I love his early stuff (I'm such a dork I have Human Menagerie, Psychomodo, Best Years, and Timeless Flight on Vinyl) but the first CD I bought was Quality of Mercy. So it's good all around.

I wish you many happy hours of listening.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1736

• Maelitta
Generate me limply, can't seem to place your name, cherie ! ;)

Welcome Cheri.
I would firmly advice the London 1984 gig DVD ! Exceptionnal ...

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1737

• cheri
Maelitta, where would I find the London 1984 gig DVD?? We can't get his DVDs over here, I've checked Amazon.com. In fact, the Isle of Wight DVD that WAS for sale there has been discontinued due to incompatibility in formatting between the UK and the US. :( Is the 1984 London gig the one where he's wearing the blue military jacket and white pants? I've seen a lot of those videos on YouTube, but I'd LOVE to get my hands on the DVD.

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1738

• crazy horse
the live in london DVD comes up quite reglary on EBAY (new) its not a rarity or anything ,and i dont think you will have much trouble finding it (sorry to MAELITTA ,i beat you to this question)