Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1776

• cheri
Okay, Crazy Horse, I THINK I bought the DVD... I had to sign up for PayPal to buy it and I can't confirm the two small amounts PayPal deposited into my bank account because I don't have my statement yet. Hopefully, the transaction will go through. Of the two DVDs listed on eBay, only ONE will ship to the United States, can you believe it??? I really appreciate all of your help on this. I just hope I get the DVD now. :)

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1777

• cheri
The Phantom: You had drinks and pool with Steve Harley?? Several times???? How I wish I could do the same -- the drinks (I don't play pool). :) But I would probably be so tongue-tied that nothing would come out of my mouth. What is he like in person? What did you talk about? What did he say? What is it like to be at one of his concerts? I am so envious of you Brits and your close access to Steve and his concerts. He is such a major talent and so precious. I still don't understand why we don't have him in the US, it just sucks. :(

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1778

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
sorry to say, mon cheri, drinks with the band only. steve was not present. on tour he has to look after his voice and protect it from viruses etc. had photo taken with him and met with him to chat many a time and found him to be charming. his wife dorothy is enchanting, extremely pretty too.

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1780

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
strangely enough we always get around to speaking of steve's old mate marc bolan, i have no idea why, i have never told steve i am a fan and the closest i have ever been to dear marc was to live round the corner from him in little venice. steve seems to have a sixth sense. anyway, check out steve's backing vocals on marc's excellent album 'dandy in the underworld'.

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1783

• crazy horse
did you order the dvd with the picture of steve holding the guitar upwards (like phantom said) and with a slightly receding hailine? .Steve did try to break america in the 80s and made an album there "hobo with a grin"but the states is such a difficult place to break through even for american bands

Re:New to Steve Harley 13 years 4 months ago #1786

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
The Phantom- Oh Marc! Dandy is one of my favorite Marc songs. After that I think it would have to be Rock On. Him and Steve are all I have on my mp3 player right now. lol.

crazy horse- Lord. America. What are we going to do with you? I have a rather irritating preoccupation with the world pre-my birth but much of my interest in the 70's is not aimed at my own county. Besides Jim Henson's works, I don't often find too much that inspires me from our version of the 70s. (Okay, I LOVE me some Earth Wind and Fire, and went through a Lou Reed phase, but still...) You're right about it being tough over here.

IMHO though, and I know he went there because he had friends there, I think he went to the wrong coast. In the 70's The West Coast and the East Coast had COMPLETELY different moods. I mean they always do, and I'm not dissing The West at all, but maybe the over all experience and reception would have been different had it all happened in NYC. Who the hell knows? I'm talking out my rear over here from a lack of sleep. Have I just ignited another WestCoast/EastCoast fight Cheri? ;)

All I know for a fact that this music is so wickedly powerful it reached this fan, who wasn't even alive when it came out, all the way over here, in odd little Buffalo NY, and stolen my heart.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel