Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3174

• Rebel
Tipping is usually opptional in the UK, with 10% being the accepted norm.
The only time that the 'service charge' is usually added to the bill is when there is a large group of people in your party, in which case you do not tip in addition to this.

Even if the charge is added to the bill, you are not obliged to pay it. If the service is partically poor, then a way of telling them so is to refuse to pay the service charge.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3175

• cheri
Thanks, Rebel! That is very helpful. :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3216

• cheri
Okay, this is to Stella, Ffcforever, Rebelfreak1 and Daz401: We are confirmed at The Armadillo Cafe & Grill at 5:45 p.m. on Friday, December 16th at the Indigo O2. The reservation is for eight persons and is under the name of Stella Day.

I am very much looking forward to the concert and meeting all of you. I sent an e-mail, but do not have Daz401's e-mail; thus, the post here.

See you there!

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3297

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Yes. See you there Cheri (and everyone else). Apart from sleeping a lot John's doing fine. I'm sure I can escape for just one evening.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3299

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Hey Cheri, I went to the hotel you are staying at, the Swan revamped as I recall you saying. Well i've had a word with the manager and he said he would be happy to have the straw in your room changed before your arrival at no extra cost!!!
Nah just kidding, it's quite plush so there's one less thing to worry about.

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3302

• cheri
THE PHANTOM wrote:
Hey Cheri, I went to the hotel you are staying at, the Swan revamped as I recall you saying. Well i've had a word with the manager and he said he would be happy to have the straw in your room changed before your arrival at no extra cost!!!
Nah just kidding, it's quite plush so there's one less thing to worry about.
Hi, Phantom! Well, plans have changed as I have reconnected with an old friend I had an exchange with 40 years ago! She has kindly asked my friend Kathy and I to stay with her and her husband for the two nights we will be outside of London. So, I will have to cancel my reservation when I arrive on the 13th. My friend lives just two miles from Wavendon and has been able to purchase a standing room only ticket to the concert, so we will all go together! Hope to see you there. :)

Cheri