& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3122

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
cheri wrote:

All the best to you, Stella. I hope your husband is not feeling too poorly.

Cheri
and Michael Carraway wrote
Don't know you personally. Stella, but feel as though your big and generous personality is coming through via these pages, and if only for that reason I send my best wishes for good health to your husband.

Thanks Cheri and Michael. My husband is doing fine at the moment and receiving the best attention from everyone. It's expected he'll make a full recovery by the spring. He's had initial surgery but so far has had no other treatment. At the moment we're enjoying walks together and he's still going out on his push-bike. Radiotherapy starts in a week or so for five weeks and then he'll have surgery in the new year. By 16th December he'll probably be feeling pretty crappy but who knows?.....he might sail through it :cheer:

and Cheri....Union Square sounds fine to me.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3123

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
I am also fine with Union Square to eat Mon Cheri,
might go for the JUMBO haddock and chips :woohoo:
jimbo jambo jumbo,
chesterfield. xxx
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3126

• cheri
Awesome, Stella and Jumbo! We're just waiting on Essexbillyboy now to RSVP. Don't know if there are any others on the website that are planning on attending the London concert, but you're welcome to have dinner with us, if you would like to.

Perhaps somebody could call the restaurant and see if reservations are necessary? If so, I suggest we make the reservation for 5:30, like Stella suggested.

Stella, I'm glad your husband is doing so well. I sincerely hope that you can make the evening on the 16th. :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3134

• cheri
The Phantom, please e-mail me your phone number to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. when you read this. I want to make sure I can contact you to say "hi" and to find out when you will pick up my friend Kathy and me to go to the concert on the 18th. Thanks a lot! :)

Cheri

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 6 months ago #3138

• cockneyrebel1
Stella, 16 years ago my dear dad had a six month course of chemotherapy following major surgery for cancer. It wasn't fun, but at the same time it wasn't as bad as he had been expecting it to be. He coped really well, and, thank God, the cancer has never returned. I wish you hubby all the luck in the world B)

Re:New to Steve Harley 12 years 5 months ago #3172

• cheri
This is just a general question about tipping in the UK. As you know, I am coming in December to see Steve in two concerts. I will be in England for about 8-9 days. My question is this:

If you buy a meal and they tack on an additional 12 1/2% service charge, are you required to tip in addition to that, or is the 12 1/2% considered the tip? Over here in the United States, there is no service charge and we always tip a waitress for the meal.

Thanks in advance.
Cheri :)