Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symphony Hall

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 3 months ago #7098

• Maelitta
eddiemccreadie wrote:
maybe me your talking about maelitta. my name is eddie and i was with my cousin kirsty s husband, a tall south african guy called dave.
Yes it was Eddie ! Now I remember. When back in France I thought it was "Andy", le webmaster :laugh:

You seemed to have had a good time Eddie indeed :laugh:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 3 months ago #7100

• RachelPAtoSH
from the Guestbook: from Alex

Last night we saw the greatest rock and roll band in the world play the 02. Was a fabulous night but you know what? Not near as good as the show at the Symphony Hall last Saturday. Well done Steve for putting on the greatest show we have ever seen. Xxx

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 3 months ago #7102

• joanna
TO OFFSHORERAM

:)
Thank you for posting these amazing pictures (PAGE 1).
I particularly like the one of "The Steves" it sums up the evening well and their energy during this number was explosive!
:woohoo: cheers Jo
Smile x

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 3 months ago #7117

• Robin_bl7
What and where were the slip ups and missed lyrics?? They certainly didn't register with me.

Isn't there a mighty slip up recorded for prosperity in the second chorus of Cavaliers on the Psychomodo, anyway?

Steve's performance at Birmingham was authentic and genuine. He performed the songs as he would have done in the 70's and as I remember of his TV appearances at the time - not quite true to the album or single yet magical because of it. Couldn't have asked for better. (Not too keen on his pub singer approach to his old songs of recent years!)

The inclusion of Black or White in the set was inspired.

And wasn't it great that he could perform a major show in front of dedicated fans without having to sing "Make me smile?"

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 3 months ago #7185

• andyfearon
GedKen wrote:
Thanks for the Times piece buchanan17 - I'm not a subscriber, I could only get the photo and the first few lines.

Looking at the photo I wonder if I can ask a favour Rachel?

I do some voluntary fundraising work for a small charity in East London called 'Step Up' (stepupcharity.org.uk). We were mentioned on the recent BBC's Children In Need telethon.

We are always up against it financially (we even have to operate a waiting list for clients needing support due to a lack of resources).

I wonder if I could be allowed to auction off the iconic bowler hat Steve used in the show in Birmingham, with the funds raised going to Step Up? At the very least it could fund more face-to-face counseling which would help reduce the waiting list.

Hope it is OK to ask? :unsure: I don't want to put anybody on the spot.

The iconic bowler hat is now being auctioned through this site. Take a look at the top right of any page for more details.

You need to be registered and logged in to bid, and all proceeds will go to Step Up.

Auction closes on 13th December, so hurry up and bid.

Andy

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 3 months ago #7186

• andyfearon
ipswich wrote:
GedKen,
Great idea.
If it get's the 'go ahead'
I'll start the ball rolling at £1,000

Hi ipswich, you can make your bid now!

Andy