Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symphony Hall

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7041

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
buchanan17 wrote:
AlizarinStag wrote:
My trip itself to England and back as a very stressful and exhausting one

I hope you liked the rain we put on for you? Don't want to change American stereotypes of our weather.

But frankly, even for the UK, it's been shit!

Heh, hailing from Buffalo, I'm used to pretty much the same weather, but more snow. I was sad to hear about all the flooding. I was actually VERY spoiled last time by your country's weather! But your secret is safe with me. ;)

I was referring to mainly a crappy taxi driver, a canceled flight and some other small and various incidents. 19 hours in jfk alone? Not doing that again. Thanks Delta!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7043

• FALLAJ
Weather waiting around for gig was crap but show was worth the months of waiting.Ok, so Steve got some of the lyrics wrong or mixed up but the musicianship was flawless and excellent.Some of the songs he had not performed for years so mistakes can be forgiven.Will they still release a DVD or CD of the concert considering the mistakes made? I will still be buying if they do.My highlights were Death Trip, Ritz,Sling It and the song that started my worship of the guy and his music Mr Soft. Psycohmodo first lp I ever bought and it was played to perfection.Black and White a good addition to the set as also heavily orchestrated in original recording.Totally worth it, will never forget experience.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7046

• Maelitta
Concert
As soon as Hideway began I had tears rolling down my cheeks …
Pandorah/ Deborah who was sitting behind us probably saw my and my hankie … unless if she was crying herself !

It is not because it reminds me my teenage : I have discovered Steve Harley’s music (through The Psychomodo quickly followed by The Human Menagerie) when I was 25.
No, the only reason to my emotion is that this song has always sounded very desperate to me and hearing it "live" made it even more emotional. I never thought I would hear it live, never. God knows how many times I listened to it these past 30 years ... it’s not my favourite but it is the first step to this strange Human Menagerie.

I suppose the fact that Steve Harley first appeared with this so famous bowl hat has already prepared me to welcome a flow of emotions … I love particularly this photo of the 70’ where he has it on.

Ritz was another one that made my lips twisted to avoid crying again … and Muriel the Actor before … woooooww what a torrent of feelings … I could name this way the 20 or so songs he sang as each of them was like a gem. And Death Trip ! What a shock with the orchestra !!! :woohoo:

I would have loved Such a Dream being played but may be the orchestra would not have been usefull for it (?). That makes me think : more violins, chords in the whole set, on all songs would have been nice. May be for Royal Albert Hall ?

Speaking of the orchestra, I must say I have appreciated very much that the original songs were well respected, just adapted the necessary and I loved the enthousiastic way Andrew Powell did his job live.
As usually Barry Wickens was full of grace ...
The most enthousiastic (if possible) of the musicians was no doubt Steve Norman (that Steve almost killed when they were playing together sax and harmonica :laugh: ). The lad seemly felt so happy to be part of the adventure that it was a pleasure to watch him ! He added some youthfull spices to the show which was already very hot, I must say.

Indeed, I found the show was hot because of Steve’s voice...
I was amazed by the quality and the power of it. Never out of tune (it can happen very easily when you sing live and sometimes quiet high).
What a voice … :woohoo: Steve threw his guts in every song, if I can express myself this way. And his special way to move ... Moved me deeply.

And ah oh yes ! The place ! Beautiful place ! The show took all its dimension in it.

Steve Harley, you did a good job … It is a night I’ll never forget. :)

Fans
This night allowed me to meet or re-meet some of the fans : Karen, that I appreciate very much. Peter JH, the sweetest photograph I ever met ! Pandorah, Cherie, etc.
Mike, it was a pleasure to meet you again ! Same for Dave !
Thank you to you all, Phantom included. Would have like to meet Ray and Stella too. Happy enough not to meet Rachel.

Oh, by the way, in The Brasshouse I talked a few minutes with a lad who is on this forum but I can’t remember his name (Andy ? Sandy ? Something with an "y" at the end). He was with a South African pal. Somebody (or himself ?) could help me to remember ? We had a good laugh.

Question
What was the subject of the "dialog" between Steve and a man in the audience ? Could not hear what the man was saying :unsure: ; heard Steve treating him "bitch" and asking him where he was in the 80' but could not understand the rest. What was all that about ?

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7047

• may13may
Great concert at Symphony Hall, took me back to when I was 18.Loved the venue, orchestra amazing, Steve Norman great.Please come to Liverpool again soon Steve, Albert Hall great idea.Thanks to Jimbo, excellent choice The Jury's, nice to meet you (maggie may). :)

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7081

• Ali
Ali, we went through many programmes once we arrived at the hall. None is "double-printed". Not sure what you mean, but please post it to us and we will send you a perfect copy, and refund your postage, of course.
Hope that helps.
re cost, these items are not cheap to create, produce, transport and we pay/arrange sales people etc. etc. Plus a % of all sales goes to the venue.
RACHEL

Thank you so much for that. Where do I send it to?

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7092

• eddiemccreadie
maybe me your talking about maelitta. my name is eddie and i was with my cousin kirsty s husband, a tall south african guy called dave. we travelled down from glasgow. sorry had a few that night and met loads of people, so not sure of our conversation, even less so that it made any sense, but thanks for remembering. god i ended up pissed that evening. good times. what a fantastic evening