Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symphony Hall

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7013

• Craig
Haven't read all these 120-something posts yet, but Rachel has mentioned that there's been a few exchanges. Love the banter. We don't like self-importance, though. Seems oddly out-of-place on a musician's website. It's only rock 'n roll....

Come come, Moderators .......... even The Times article mentions the odd lyrical slip, so why are we taking down the comments of long standing loyal fans. Tis ONLY an opinion offered .......
It seems that Steve isnt bothered that he slipped up a couple of times, 99.9% of people at the show are not bothered, and Mr Raffles and Ray wont lose sleep either, but surely they/we/The Times are all entitled to an opinion ..... as long as they,re not rude etc.......
Please no banning, and no censorship ????
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7023

• trace
Fabulous gig from start to finish. If you want word/note perfect, stay at home and listen to the recorded versions! Live performances differ on each occasion; that's why we go again and again. As another great poet says; "Forget your perfect offering; there's a crack, a crack in everything, That's how the light gets in" A Triumph in my eyes. :kiss:

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7028

• swainstong
Very well said Trace.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7035

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
My trip itself to England and back as a very stressful and exhausting one (I've been awake for 36 hours at this point now!) But all the fuss and pain was worth well worth it. A completely amazing and beautiful show. I am glad I came back for it, and am already planning a "do over" trip to make up for the flaws of the trip itself, and to take in another show or two. ;)

Anyone hear the little gasp that was made when The notes of Black or White started? Guilty as charged. Now to bed!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7036

• buchanan17
AlizarinStag wrote:
My trip itself to England and back as a very stressful and exhausting one

I hope you liked the rain we put on for you? Don't want to change American stereotypes of our weather.

But frankly, even for the UK, it's been shit!

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 4 months ago #7039

• GedKen
ipswich wrote:
GedKen,
Great idea.
If it get's the 'go ahead'
I'll start the ball rolling at £1,000

Thank you Ipswich, a very generous potential opening offer. We'll see if it happens. Fingers crossed.