Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Offer to Steve Harley....

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #752

• Alyn
good morning... picking up on the postings since Saturday... very kind of you Phantom, I would love your spare ticket if you have it, that's very kind, and appreciated.
Mark, I am a 'he', Alyn is the Welsh variation on Alan or Allan, although I am not actually Welsh, my father named me after a bandleader.
I am happy to produce the artwork that you originally challenged me to, I did actually let it slide because the postings took on a whole new life here and at one stage I remarked on the hostility and preferred to just calmly fend off any remarks that attacked me personally, but I am happy to come back to that. Despite the fact I prefer to pull inspiration from the music which in this case I find a struggle, I will still create.
Maelitta, I appreciate your constructive posting, thank you. Yes, I did regret the Amazon review which I withdrew after a couple of days, it was wrong, I did change it to a 'disappointed' review which I feel is worthy and not damaging... I do feel that however no matter how high a profile artists have they still should be looked at in the same light and be reviewed like for like without taking into account record deals etc.
Coming back to billy's point about seeing Steve live, it is a very valid point. I am a huge fan of Judie Tzuke and her studio albums tend to be very 'pale' in comparison to live recordings when songs really take flight.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #756

• markymywords
Alyn

Anyone who can use Google can see examples of your work.

The challenge is not to publish your best work. We want to see what you can do blindfolded with one arm, and we want proof.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #757

• RachelPAtoSH
With all respect, perhaps this thread has run its course.
Thanks for all contributions and points of view.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #759

• Alyn
yes, I guess I can be googled to that degree, Moscow Riley & Summer Indoors are out there somewhere, artwork created and inspired by their sound which I am proud of but would probably do differently today (probably like whoever designed the covers for 'Yes You Can' or 'Face To Face' - album artwork can reflect the style of the time, whereas brilliant artwork is timeless)... there ya go, I'm conceding I'm not brilliant...!
will adjust my blindfold and get my one arm working very soon :-)

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #761

• RachelPAtoSH
Thanks, Alyn. But maybe that's enough plugs! Let's draw this thread to a close, please.