Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Offer to Steve Harley....

Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #645

• Alyn
.... I could design a better cover to the new album blindfolded with one hand... I can't believe just how amateur it looks, a shockingly poor photograph with text by someone using Wordart in Publisher for the first time.... any album from an artist as high profile as Steve deserves better than this, I'm amazed to be honest, it's just the worst I've seen, possibly ever.
The topic has been locked.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #646

• essexboybilly
You're welcome to your opinion Alyn, we all are.
but I can't see Steve wanting to take you up on your kind offer to do his next sleeve, to be honest, considering the slagging you're giving artwork the man himself must have sanctioned. My opinion: it's a brilliant, sexy cover...and what the heck is wordart mate? Are you a recently qualified designer or something?

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #648

• markymywords
Alyn wrote:
.... I could design a better cover to the new album blindfolded with one hand... I can't believe just how amateur it looks, a shockingly poor photograph with text by someone using Wordart in Publisher for the first time.... any album from an artist as high profile as Steve deserves better than this, I'm amazed to be honest, it's just the worst I've seen, possibly ever.

Alyn,

Why don't you upload your one-armed, blindfolded efforts here?

Otherwise we might suspect that you are talking up your talents a little.

:P

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #649

• Benethi
In my opinion, the photograph makes for one of the best covers for a Harley album yet, with the possible exceptions of Psychomodo (which was rather cool) and Poetic Justice (which was rather beautiful).

Though, being honest, the first thing that hit me when I saw it was indeed, Word Art, Microsoft Office '97 :blush: so I do see where you're coming from there.

Truth be told no Steve Harley/Cockney Rebel album has ever been blessed with cover art that could match the likes of Pink Floyd or other such rock bands where as much work's gone into designing the sleeve as the music itself...Steve's probably never had quite the same budget, and I think I'd rather it got spent on the music! :)

essexboybilly, Word Art is something that's been included with M$ Office for years for 13 year olds to include in their school projects and PowerPoint presentations to make them look 'really cool'.

Re: Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #650

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Watch your Karma plummet Alyn.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #654

• Maelitta
If it is what she thinks, why not saying it after all ?

To my opinion, I think it is creative but not madly aesthetic. But how can you reach again the level of the masterpiece that the Psychomodo cover is !!! :woohoo:

I have a proposition to do to Alyn : after her listening of the content of Stranger, why not showing us what she could have done herself instead the actual one ?