Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Offer to Steve Harley....

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #716

• Alyn
good point billy and I think that it is a good suggestion, it would be very interesting to catch the songs live, I like that idea. I haven't been to any live shows for a very long time and this could be the chance to get back into it... nice one
The topic has been locked.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #729

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
Alyn can have my spare ticket for shepherds bush.
Can anyone lend me a shovel!

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #737

• Maelitta
Alyn wrote:
Well, what can I say, I wish I'd kept my concentration in French lessons at school although I think I probably get the gist of Maelitta's post, and never one to be a law breaker I have instantly deleted the MP3s from my computer...god knows I tried to like it....

Don't get me wrong, Alyn. What I wrote (in french indeed because I was fed up with what I was reading here !)was not concerning what you said but the accusation against you being a "swindler" beacause you kept MP3 on your PC + the policeman picture posted (the one who or whose kids have never downloaded music or movies illegally shout cast the firt stone ...) ; I think these reactions are dreadfully childish.
Same with Rachel's post mentionning the amount of personal money invested in this record : the case she made was weak.
(@ Rachel : I have very well understood who you were and I know that after this statement I can forget about any meet & greet or anything like that ! :lol:)

Now, here is what I do think of all the things I red on this thread :

- Alyn, you are free to think whatever you feel like about the Stranger's cover and free too to write it here, on this forum. As everyone is also free to debate about it here.

- you are free to think whatever you feel like about this record's quality ; and everybody is free to debate about it here as I guess a forum - even a fans forum - is not only made for panegyric talkings.

BUT ... It is a mistake to tell more or less the whole world that it is a crap. Why do I say that ?
First because SH is not a million records seller as Bowie or Muse nowadays are. Every Stranger copy sold gives him a chance to produce the next one and (hopefully !) delight more an more people. So it is preferable to leave him his full chances.
Second and major reason, because he has brought you (and me and the others here) so much emotion, joy, rapture with his previous records that, wether this Stranger is good or not (I'm still waiting for my copy), he deserves thanks and respect.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #739

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Maelitta. The policeman picture was posted as a bit of a joke. Hence the accompanying shocked smiley.
Maelitta. Your English is excellent.
Hope you enjoy the album when it arrives. Some of the tracks have moved me to tears. :kiss:
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #740

• Maelitta
Happy to see that minds have calmed down !
Thank you for your compliment, StellaDay :kiss:

Re:Offer to Steve Harley.... 13 years 11 months ago #747

• markymywords
I said I thought Alyn was rude.

I invited him/her to back up his/her claims, or withdraw the statement.

Despite my challenge being ignored I tried to do him/her a favour by pointing out that he/she had actually admitted to theft on a publicly accessible website.

At no time did I accuse him/her of being a swindler.

Jeez, you lot are touchy.