Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER.

HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1037

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
Well,where do I start. Another tedious Friday journey up from Essex,but an earlier start,I missed York the previous friday,no way was I missing this one!! Quick stop off at home for a shower and to collect a ready packed overnight bag(preparation following last week's debacle on the roads). I arrived at the Bridge hotel,attached to the venue(more forward thinking),spotted Mike J up on his balcony tucking in to fish 'n' chips,Graeme B and Peter JH,Phil...thanks for the cd mate...,checked in,another shower,the rooms were like saunas!,downstairs,thirsty as a goose in the Gobi desert,and for the first time in months downed two quick pints of real ale in quick succession,felt better.The heavens opened as all the old Harley mates met up,Anne and partner from Glasgow,Hazel from kilmarnock,Marie and Keri from S.Wales,Karen and Debs(of course),umpteen recognised faces from over the years,forgotten names,well I was 54 the day before! (my excuse and i'm sticking to it).

Now as some of you know I have been watching Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel from the beginning,and Holmfirth over the years has produced some magical nights,but mark my words,4.6.10 was THE BEST EVER,only Bilston and Glasgow fruitmarket ever came close to this,this was pure magic,the complete nights entertainment,and if I was to die tomorrow,I would die a happy man,read the gig report by Karen and Debs,every word is spot on,please Steve if you do nothing else this year,please come back to Holmfirth,this year,Christmas/New year,anytime really,we love it,and we know you love it up there,how about a weeks residency,you would still sell out every night,if you are a Harley fan and have never caught a Holmfirth gathering of the fans,then sadly you have not lived.This should be on everyones list of things to do in your lifetime.Really,make the effort,you will be rewarded.

Jimbo,Chesterfield,still buzzing 40 odd hours later,

Steve said it all, IT REALLY WAS A GAS.XXX

:lol:
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1040

• Maelitta
Feelings were very strong for me too on this 4th of june, but for different reasons.
First, I was very happy to meet all the fans who came in Holmfirth ; I kind of "knew" them before because of this forum (even though if sometimes I got mixed up between the forum names and the real names :laugh: ).
A special thank to Karen and her deep kindness ; she made us feel at ease and welcame us in the Holly Family (or may be Harley Family ? ;) ).
Second, I had a strong and strange feeling when Steve Harley arrived on stage. I have been listening to all his albums regularly for the past 30 years but never seen him "for real" before ... What a curious sensation ...
But he was there and well there. Standing on his 2 feet with a sort of happy strenght that left no doubt about his pleasure to play in the Picturedrome.
When he began to sing, I must confess some tears rolled on my cheeks ... But after this moment of deep emotion, the words of the songs came naturally on my lips and I sang along, with everybody. Because yes indeed ! EVERYBODY was singing ! Everybody seemed so happy to be there as well. What an atmosphère !!!
Steve Harley has impressed me because he is REALLY THERE, if you see what I mean : he loves his fans, he loves playing with his musicians, he loves singing, playing for us.
Very generous personn ...
I had a tremendous night on friday night, I will never forget it.
Thank you Steve, ans thank you to all the open hearted fans I met.
Anne, aka Maelitta, from France.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 10 months ago #1045

• Khalekan
Sounds like a blast.

Where exactly is Hommfirth?

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 10 months ago #1046

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
khalekan,holmfirth is in west yorkshire in northern england,just a few miles from huddersfield,about 20 miles north of sheffield. a beautiful little town in the yorkshire hills,the place where they film the british comedy programme called last of the summer wine....google it and see.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 10 months ago #1047

• Khalekan
Cheers, rebelfreak.

BTW....I see the BBC are axing LOTSW after thirty odd years.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 10 months ago #1048

• PeterJH
A great night indeed Jimbo. As always, a great vibe in Holmfirth. Nice to meet up with friends, and some new ones too! Glad you enjoyed it Anne, I think we all did =))