Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1054

• Maelitta
I found very strange that there was no posters nor any kind of annoucement of the Steve Harley concert outside the Picturedrome :S
Any explanation ?
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1059

• raffles
Maelitta, the show was sold out a long time ago. The poseters etc. were taken down I suppose to advertise shows that needed it.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1060

• Maelitta
I see what you mean, Raffles ; but still, it's always very good for an artist's image to have big posters around where they perform. And writing "sold out" on it would have been even better.
See, here, Muse will perform next week-end (Stade de France). It is sold out for monthes and monthes, but ... There are posters of the band everywhere !

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1062

• Khalekan
Yes, I know what you are saying, Maelitta.

I have never heard of posters being taken down because a gig was sold out....it doesn't do the artist or the venue any harm when people know they are playing to, or hostIng, full houses.

Did I heaR Muse are standing in for U2 at Glasto?

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1066

• Maelitta
Khalekan wrote:
Yes, I know what you are saying, Maelitta.

I have never heard of posters being taken down because a gig was sold out....it doesn't do the artist or the venue any harm when people know they are playing to, or hostIng, full houses.
On top of it, I could not have this picture I was dreaming of : myself in front of the Picturedrome with a hudge Steve Harley poster pined on it !
Disappointed ! :laugh:

Khalekan wrote:Did I heaR Muse are standing in for U2 at Glasto?[/quote]

I heard that Bono had to go for some surgery. But not sure.

Re:HOLMFIRTH,4/6/10....BEST EVER. 13 years 11 months ago #1074

• Graeme
Spot on Jim! Steve and the boys in great form at the Picturedrome and the audience supplying great vocal support. And don't the new songs fit in beautifully with the back catalogue. No Bleeding Hearts is just magnificent!

Great performance, great music, great venue, great company (as always) and great Yorkshire cask ale. But that curry house on main road,cheap though it may be,is probably one of the worst ever. But at midnight after a superb gig like that and the calibre of the clientel at out table it was almost forgivable. Anyway it's my own fault as I had forgotten how bad it was the last time we ended up there. Though I'd eat another dozen of their awful curries to see another performance like we witnessed that evening. Anytime!!!! :laugh: :cheer: :ohmy: :lol: :woohoo: