Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 6 months 4 weeks ago #13036

• cheri
Stella, you're a strong girl, but don't risk your health by exerting yourself when you don't feel well, especially if you have an infection, it could actually set you back. I admire your discipline and determination, but worry that overexertion in bad weather when you're not in tip top shape could work against you. If you've been walking every day, can't you take one day off to let the antibiotics take effect before braving the elements and extending yourself physically? I want you to succeed, and believe you will, but don't want you to hurt yourself.

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 6 months 3 weeks ago #13037

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
cheri wrote:
Stella, you're a strong girl, but don't risk your health by exerting yourself when you don't feel well, especially if you have an infection, it could actually set you back. I admire your discipline and determination, but worry that overexertion in bad weather when you're not in tip top shape could work against you. If you've been walking every day, can't you take one day off to let the antibiotics take effect before braving the elements and extending yourself physically? I want you to succeed, and believe you will, but don't want you to hurt yourself.

Cheri
Thanks Cheri. Feeling much better this morning and I finished the antibiotic course yesterday so should have been on the mend really. Honestly, I thought I'd be fine but it was so cold!! I wasn't dressed for it at all. Still, I managed the 11 miles and my legs feel good this morning. Xx
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 4 months 2 days ago #13057

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Just an update. Obviously the London moonwalk did not go ahead on the 16th of May. Hopefully the walk will be postponed (not cancelled) but will probably not take place until October.
Still training.........daily mostly.
Like Steve says, it has been the most perfect spring!
There are some lovely local walks I can go on.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.