Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 4 years 1 month ago #13036

• cheri
Stella, you're a strong girl, but don't risk your health by exerting yourself when you don't feel well, especially if you have an infection, it could actually set you back. I admire your discipline and determination, but worry that overexertion in bad weather when you're not in tip top shape could work against you. If you've been walking every day, can't you take one day off to let the antibiotics take effect before braving the elements and extending yourself physically? I want you to succeed, and believe you will, but don't want you to hurt yourself.

Cheri
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 4 years 1 month ago #13037

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
cheri wrote:
Stella, you're a strong girl, but don't risk your health by exerting yourself when you don't feel well, especially if you have an infection, it could actually set you back. I admire your discipline and determination, but worry that overexertion in bad weather when you're not in tip top shape could work against you. If you've been walking every day, can't you take one day off to let the antibiotics take effect before braving the elements and extending yourself physically? I want you to succeed, and believe you will, but don't want you to hurt yourself.

Cheri
Thanks Cheri. Feeling much better this morning and I finished the antibiotic course yesterday so should have been on the mend really. Honestly, I thought I'd be fine but it was so cold!! I wasn't dressed for it at all. Still, I managed the 11 miles and my legs feel good this morning. Xx
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 3 years 10 months ago #13057

• Stella Day
Just an update. Obviously the London moonwalk did not go ahead on the 16th of May. Hopefully the walk will be postponed (not cancelled) but will probably not take place until October.
Still training.........daily mostly.
Like Steve says, it has been the most perfect spring!
There are some lovely local walks I can go on.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 2 years 3 months ago #13116

• Stella Day
Happy New Year to Steve, his family, the band members and all fans here.
Some of you may have made new year's resolutions so good luck with them. I have just one goal and that's to eat healthily, stay fit and keep my weight down which is always my aim, new year or not.
So, all being well I shall be embarking on another stretch of the Camino in late September. I'll be challenging myself to walk 75 miles in three days from Santiago de Compostela to Finisterre. It's called a "Journey to the Edge Of The World".
As usual sponsorship money needs to be raised.
The charity is Walkthewalk - a breast cancer charity and it will be my fifth walk with them, this one having been postponed for two years!
Here's the link to my sponsor page.
Fivers and tenners very welcome ☺️
walkthewalk.enthuse.com/pf/estelle-day-24c90

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 2 years 2 months ago #13120

• Stella Day
UPDATE.
I have booked my flights. In late September I shall be continuing my journey, that I started in 2019, from Santiago de Compostela to Finisterre - the Journey to the Edge of the World. I will be raising money for the Breast cancer charity Walk the Walk with a small group of women and men. The walk is 75 miles in three days. The Camino and its extension are both part of a sacred path and often walked alone as a pilgrimage or perhaps just as a reflective time of self discovery. But whether walked as a holy pilgrimage, as a recreational challenge or as a means to raise money for charity few remain unchanged by the experience which I think is why many of the group I walked with from Cebreiro to Santiago de Compostela four years ago are returning to continue the journey together.
I'm immensely proud to be taking part again but raising sponsorship is never easy. My goal is to raise £1,000. So far I have raised £400. Some of that is donations from friends (you know who you are )but the majority I have raised myself from eBay sales of artwork, books and jewellery and another sale just now means there's another £100 to go in.
I am asking if anyone would like to sponsor me to please click on the link below It'll make you feel good.
Many thanks to Steve for allowing me to continue to post here. This is my final challenge. I'm beginning to get more creaky these days. Besides, Finisterre is the natural conclusion to all this pilgrim lark. Traditionally pilgrims have burned their walking boots and clothes once they have arrived at the lighthouse there.
walkthewalk.enthuse.com/pf/estelle-day-24c90
Last Edit: 1 year 8 months ago by Stella Day.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 1 year 6 months ago #13155

• Stella Day
Greetings from Galicia in Spain. First day and 27 miles completed.
Sunshine and rainbows today but mostly rain!