Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 5 years 3 months ago #12844

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Hello.
Happy New Year.
Thanks Steve for letting me post here.
As promised, here I am, back with a fresh plea for donations to a brand new everydayhero page.
I have just confirmed my entry and booked my flights to take part in another Walk the Walk challenge in aid of breast cancer.
On October 6th this year I will be flying to. Spain to walk one hundred miles over five days from O Cabreiro to Santiago de Compostela. It's a long held ambition of mine to do the Camino ( so partly self-indulgent on my part) but what a fabulous way to raise funds for breast cancer!
The trip is self-funded and I must raise £650 at least for the charity, pay it myself or risk losing my place on the challenge.
It's safe and easy to give via the everydayhero page so please consider doing so if you can. Otherwise perhaps you could be so kind to share my page via Facebook..
Here's the link to the page.
camino100miles2019.everydayhero.com/uk/stelladay

Thanks and God bless you!
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 5 years 3 months ago #12846

• cheri
What a unique endeavor. Wish I could do it with you, but I don't think I could walk 100 miles. We donated. All the best to you.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 5 years 3 months ago #12847

• Stella Day
Thanks Cheri (and Scott). I have had some great support and have £269.10 in donations already.
Many thanks so those who have given and to Steve for letting me post here.
Most people know someone who has been affected by breast cancer so this is a very worthy cause.
My training has started and I am back on the eternal diet.
As always, fivers and tenners are welcome.

And Cheri, I wish you could do it with me too. :)

Last Edit: 5 years 3 months ago by Stella Day.
The following user(s) said Thank You: cheri

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 5 years 1 week ago #12908

• Stella Day
Great news. I have raised £653.80 which is more than the £650 minimum required for this challenge. I have increased my goal to £1,000 to encourage more donations but have exhausted the generosity of Facebook friends, real friends and family now.
Training has already begun though there really hasn't been any period of walking inactivity in the last few years.
I am lucky enough to live in a village on the outskirts of Sevenoaks where a circuitous walk to, around and back from Knole Park gives me a good 10 mile round trip. Knole is beautiful and yesterday I left home at 7am and basked in the beauty of the glorious spring greenery, the waking deer and a cacophony of birdsong.
And it snowed, only teeny tiny flakes but it was bitterly cold!
So if you're feeling generous or even if you can only spare the price of a coffee/pint please consider donating to this wonderful charity for breast cancer.
It's safe and easy to donate and it will make you feel so good.
Many thanks.
attachment=114]20190414_071725_HDR.jpg[/attachment]
Attachments:
Last Edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Stella Day.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 4 years 9 months ago #12935

• Stella Day
Training is going well. I usually walk at least three times a week for at least 6 or 7 miles and include an 11 mile walk with the Ramblers Association which I gave recently joined and thoroughly recommend. Walking alone can be a very lonely thing to do even with headphones playing my favourite music or the radio.
It's good to walk amongst friends.
Sponsorship money now up to £1,880.80! I have had some very generous donations but decided I should really make the effort and contribute myself so last week I sold one of my favourite pictures, an Angie Lewin watercolour and put the proceeds into my everyday hero funding page.
Please consider giving something if you can. Honestly, fivers and tenners are very welcome.
Last Edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Stella Day.

Moonwalk London 2015 for Breast Cancer Charity 4 years 6 months ago #12947

• Stella Day
We did it.
We met Nina Barough CBE (founder of the Walkthewalk. charity on arrival at Santiago de Compostela airport. She hugged each of us and wished us well - She was returning back to the UK from another challenge in Spain.
On Monday 7th October we started our Camino at Mount O'Cebreiro at an altitude of 1,300 metres. It was tough, though I have to say, apart from one drizzly day the weather was beautiful and every day the sunrises, sunsets and scenery were stunning.
We trekked, we sweated, we laughed, we cried but we entered Santiago de Compostela yesterday afternoon (11th ) with aching feet, blisters and so much joy. We received our Camino certificates from the Camino office and were awarded them at a celebratory dinner last night.
Between 17 walkers we raised over £27,000 for the Walkthewalk breast cancer charity - a massive achievement.
Many thanks to those of you who sponsored me.
It's a fabulous charity and does much good work.
I am so proud to have been part of the team and do grateful for the experience.
Never again?

The London Moonwalk 2020 is now open for entries......
Last Edit: 4 years 6 months ago by Stella Day.