Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Symphony Hall

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6838

• jackpot1
How'd he do that?
The "Stranger" spontaneous performance out of one of SH's "condor" moments was a gem. We were up by the mixing desk area and all around there was respect. I heard one of the sound guys actually say, "oh, Christ he's changimng the set!!" Priceless! Cavaliers, Stranger and Sebastian brought out all of SH's charismatic style. we will be at the Forum, entirely different sort of show, but usually equally cool!!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6839

• RichW
Amazing and magical evening! Deathtrip was one of many highlights for me. And Steve Norman?? sign him up!! He really enjoyed himself and you could feel the respect he had for Steve and the band. I thought he really added to the occasion as did the orchestra and choir. Brilliant night. More please!!!

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6841

• groverhead
Raeding all these entries is very moving,I actually had tears in my eyes last night as Sebastian built up to its crazy climax, never thought I'd see and hear something so fantastic. The song is one of the greatest of all pop songs, and hearing it as it was originally meant to be heard, well, something special. AQnd Crazy Raver, Muriel, very old songs never heard live before, If this show gets the go ahead for next year, any venue,we will be helping to crash the website to grab a good seat or two, like this time!! Thanx Steve. You were on the very top of your game, you get better and better with age.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6842

• Jack
Returned to Glasgow this evening and cannot believe it is over. I really do not know what concert bigbadbob was at but each to their own I suppose. I had waited years to hear 'Cavaliers' in all its glory and the shivers running down my spine throughout the performance of such songs as 'Death Trip, My Only Vice and Ritz' will remain with me forever. Surely this concert has to be repeated as the man delivered and not to have this experience again would be an opportunity missed.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6844

• fatfish59
groverhead wrote:
I actually had tears in my eyes last night as Sebastian built up to its crazy climax, never thought I'd see and hear something so fantastic.

53 years old, I had tears streaming down my cheeks during Sebastian. And Black Or White.

An unforgettable night.

Thank you Steve, the band, Andrew Powell, the orchestra, the choir and everyone else that made the evening so memorable.

Unforgettable.

Re:Symphony Hall 11 years 5 months ago #6845

• Ray Smith
I usually give my nephew a solid review whence playing or making a new song .... good or bad. Steve and you guys won't like me for this but I speak as I find and leave my name here.. no hiding from me.

Loved every minute of the weekend.. the meeting old fans and new.. thank you for your time x

My view is.. Steve.. you let us down bud! Sorry! No one should crib on the huge event! I realize the age, stuff.. etc.. but I was also talking to a long time fan as me.. in fact longer than me and he said the same.. he was so dissapointed as I for you to miss the words so many times.. we forgive you some but so many in one night? Shit.. not on for this HUGE gig mate. But I still love ya and will follow ya to the end ... excellent otherwise.. save for Robbie and Lincoln sitting down.. they needed to be moving! The best of the night apart from the set list? (and I never even wrote it down so you bloody surprised me with the few u sod lol) was the sax player.. he was well up for it and it showed :-)Having said all... forgive me mate.. I'm still a follower and I'll catch you again soon :-) ANYTIME!