Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: cover songs

cover songs 14 years 4 months ago #63

• Pandorah
I was watching the Fleetwood Mac documentry last night, and It came to mind that Peter Green's Man of the World would be interesting ! Would it be concidered ? Or maybe ...Need your Love so Bad , love that song ( seen the grown man cry when performing that very song ) Green Manalishi ? or ! Oh Well …..dont ask me what I think of you ! I might not give thae anwsers that you want me too !!! Walk in the park for Robbie that one ! Oh Well !
But any way thats my thought's for the moment ! Other than that ? It would have to be Motown ! Now let me think ! hmm mm
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:cover songs 14 years 4 months ago #78

• malcie5
Along that theme ...how about something from Harold Melvin

Re:cover songs 14 years 4 months ago #85

• Pandorah
ah ! Yeah ! what Like !

Wake Up Everybody !
If You Dont Know Me By Now
Dont Leave me this way!
The Love I lost …...........

or Jimmy Ruffin's
What becomes of the broken hearted ! ( hmm Maybe not :-) done that ! )
So ! I've passed this way before...... then ….

how about

Nick Drake
way too blue /
time has told me /
the cello song ( one for barry and James to get their teeth into )
some great music on five leaves left Album!

Still thinking :-)

Re:cover songs 14 years 4 months ago #87

• drewmcadam
I posted a suggestion earlier but it seems a number of artistes have already covered the same song. Okay, matey, here comes the big guns... you asked for it.

Might as Well be on Mars by Alice Cooper from the album Hey Stupid. This is the one I mean:

But there is ANOTHER "Might as Well be on Mars" by Pukka Orchestra, totally different but can't you just hear Steve singing this? 'Cause I can"

Drew McAdam

Re:cover songs 14 years 4 months ago #90

• Reb55
Took me a few days but i've finally come up with one I can see and hear Steve singing. How about "When you rock and roll with me" from Bowies Diamond Dogs? A great song that could benefit from the Harley/Rebel treatment. Just a thought. If you dont ask you dont get. Whatever gets the nod I'm sure It will be well received by all in Harleyworld.

Re:cover songs 14 years 4 months ago #91

• BB
Cover song suggestions - what an opportunity to trawl through my MP3s and dust down my cds and dare I say ancient cassettes! :blush:

My two suggestions are

'Because the Night' - Patti Smith/Bruce Springsteen
'Waterloo Sunset' - Kinks/Ray Davies

Reasons are given below

First one that hit - perhaps because I was thinking of 'Here Comes The Sun' or had I been dreaming that I'd been in paradise after listening to 'The Last Feast' was The Kinks 'Waterloo Sunset'.

Love the lyrics - reminds me so much of living in London in the 70s, but is so 2010 too!.

'Dirty old river
must you keep rolling,
flowing into the night.
People so busy
make me feel dizzy
But I don't feel afraid
as long as I gaze at
Waterloo Sunset
I am in Paradise'

Then I came across 'Because The Night' written by Patti Smith/The Boss - Patti a wonderful poet, as is Steve (and we all know what a fan of Bruce Steve is). Lots and lots of scope for the band on drums, bass, fiddle, guitar and keyboards here.

'come on now try and understand
the way I feel under your command
take my hand as the sun descends'

BBx