Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Anticipation of a new album

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 1 month ago #473

• THE PHANTOM
  • CHELSEA SUPPORTING HARLEY FAN SINCE '73, TWO SONS.
my cousin and I used to buy each new album 'fresh off the lorry', ie we didn't wait for the man to deliver the records inside the shop, we'd pay him instead! SUCH SMASHING DAYS.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 1 month ago #474

• essexboybilly
This a fantastic thread, your memories are great to read. Me.....Psychomodo is my Number 1 of all time, amazing to read Steve responding...more please!

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 1 month ago #475

• cockneyrebel1
B) Yes indeed! It was super to see SH himself posting: Thank you! B)

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 1 month ago #476

• stewart g
Steve,Thank You for your comments and thoughts re my posting.To answer your questions...
No I don't belive for one moment than I or any of your fans have a greater feeling of anticipation than you on the release of your new work.You can't fool the public,we know you care about your Life's work and about your art and that's why people are still with you.
I could never ever imagine what it's like for an artist to produce a piece of work from a blank piece of paper with hours,weeks and probably years of creative effort,to then suddenly give it to the critics and the public.It must at times be a heartbreaking job, you've so much to loose and perhaps so little to gain.To see your work pulled apart by someone who has no understanding of your craft and art must be extremly distressing and frustrating.
In saying that Steve,I think on the whole during your career reviews of your work have been pretty good and in many many cases exceptionally good!
You have nothing to prove to anyone,your hardest critic is I suspect probably yourself and there's nothing wrong with that.Believe in yourself Steve,there are people all over the world willing you on,wishing you well and believing in your work..they are the ultimate critic,and they have and will support you for as long as you want and care to produce music.The big hit in America might never happen,but is it the end of the world?
You should be in the audience at a Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel concert,never have I felt the warmth between an audience and the singer than at your shows.There is a real desire within your audience for "Steve to go on and produce the goods!".It's called a Connection!
And produce the goods I'm sure you will with the new album and tour,let us down? never!
As for songs to play...It has to be All Men Are Hungry,it's the closest I will ever get to reading the Bible.Sometimes I'm not sure if I believe in God,but every time I hear that song,my belief is restored,that yes there is a God,that life is all mapped out for us,and that in the end the sky will turn Blue again,just like the sky over Morecambe Bay!
In short Steve Keep it going and remember as Edmund's song says " There's No One Quite Like You".

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 1 month ago #477

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
that was excellent stuart,and from the heart.we,the regular ones who know and feel such thrills, many years ago and now,are with you in anticipation of the new album,and drift back to memories of those heady days waiting for anything about steve and the band,in sounds,nme,melody maker,record mirror,etc,et al.will bump in to you on the tour mate,no doubt,especially holmfirth,i know you will be there,best wishes to you and yours,jimbo chesterfield.
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 1 month ago #483

• stewart g
Thanks for the comments re the posting re Timeless Flight.
One day I'll post a bit more from around that era,when in April 1976,that same 15 year old,was allowed by his Commerce teacher to take a lesson.
We were covering politics at the time and I was given the freedom by my brilliant teacher to read the Lyrics to Red Is A Mean Colour, and consider what I thought it was about ( I was 15,as if I really knew!!!)
Not sure the School's system would allow that these days! but it worked.A number of friends asked to borrow Timeless Flight and a year later I got the O level!

Bringing things up to date...
What about, True Love Will Find You In The End?
Understated,laid back and pure class!