Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: The Anticipation of a new album

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 2 weeks ago #485

• groverhead
I agree about "True Love,....." Stewart. Watching SH in the groove is an entertainment, what with the wobbly head too. Like you say, pure class. I hope that track makes it to the live set. Anyone know if Radio Clyde play new tracks tonight??
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 2 weeks ago #487

• cockneyrebel1
B) I would love to read your interpretation of the lyrics to "Red Is A Mean, Mean Colour" Stewart. I love trying to work out the meaning behind Harley's lyrics. I have my theory about the meaning behind this somg, and it isn't what the press at the time have suggested. I doubt if I would be brave enough to share my interpretations of this and other lyrics, though! But I would certainly love to read yours! B)

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 2 weeks ago #489

• groverhead
I would suggest that after seeing Mr H's response to Stewart's posting, he would love to read our own interpretations of his lyrics! You go first!!! Red Is A mean mean Colour ........then me on Riding The Waves

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 2 weeks ago #490

• cockneyrebel1
B) You go first!!! I'm a mouse!!! But I would be really interested to read interpretations of "Riding The Waves"! B)

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 2 weeks ago #492

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
I'd love to hear your interpretation of the meaning of Red Is A Mean Mean Colour.
I still have my copy of Street Life from February 7-20 1976 where Steve was interviewed in some depth about the whole album.
Here's a little quote
The song being "Red Is A Mean Mean Colour"
Yes. There are those who don't even understand the bloody thing. Can you believe it? Bright people who played that record and have no idea what it's all about. That song's the most explicit thing I've ever written. They can't see why the BBC wouldn't play it if it was released as a single. I deliberately put it there at the start of the album; it's the key to the whole record - that and the colours. "Timeless Flight" is a colour album. The colours are the symbols.
There's loads more.
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:The Anticipation of a new album 14 years 2 weeks ago #495

• cockneyrebel1
B) I don't think the song lyrics explicit at all! I think they use alot of imagery and allegory! Or maybe I'm completely wrong......Which is why I hesitate to post my interpretation of the meaning of these.......or any.........of Harley's lyrics. I enjoyed the quote for the 1976 interview!! B)