Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What else are you listening to at the moment?

What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4388

• fatfish59
Just on the odd occasion, I do listen to other music apart from Steve. It made me wonder if anyone else occasionally listens to anything else. :ohmy:

Just in case you did, how about posting a song or two that you are listening to. Here's a starter from me.

A stunning cover of a song that was a big hit a few years ago. In my opinion, one of those rare covers that is far better than the original (which I didn't like anyway!)

Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4390

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
the album 'undun' by the roots.
this is the sgt.pepper of hip hop,groundbreaking.
the roots are not your run-of-the-mill 'gangsta' hip hop act,they are real musicians,been together many years,14 or 15 albums each one a progressive work of art.
seen them live 5 times(they dont get over here often) the live show is superb.lots of vids on you tube,check them out,you will be surprised.
I know i'm an old bloke but trust me,I bought hip hop before it was even called hip hop!! :laugh:

'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4393

• RachelPAtoSH
Steve wants you to know he's going to dig out his old Odyssey CDs to hear dance/funk at its very best!! Don't anybody get in a tizz about that fest.....there will not be any more 70s line-ups in Steve's career - he has his reasons, and doesn't need to explain them to anybody, not even me...

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4394

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
also check out k'naan somalian/canadian rapper.fela kuti,gil scot heron,odd future wolfgang kill them all(greatname eh! PARENTAL ADVISORY HERE,LOL)
and of course MOTOWN/NORTHERN SOUL!!
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4395

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Rachel- YESSS. Gotta love me some Funk.
Jimbo- Your eclectic music tastes is one of the many reason I love you dude! (I'm gonna youtube your suggestions when I get home from work tonight!)
Fatfishie- I've recently been thrown into the 90s with both Tragically Hip and Blues Traveler playing along with Steve in the Studio:

and a liberal amount of the wonderfully transporting Tin Hat Trio:
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4396

• fatfish59
Oooh Ana, I like that Tin Hat Trio track. I'll have to dig out some more to listen later.

Something here that may interest you.

A guy over here has a project going called "The State Of Music". Basically, he is featuring 50 different bands from USA, one from each state, all of who must be unsigned or signed to an independent label. A different state features on each blog.

He is releasing a series of 6 albums from it, the profits of which go to a homeless charity over here "Camden Calling".

Check out the blog here www.choosemymusic.org/the-cloud-mix