Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: What else are you listening to at the moment?

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4397

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Fishy! That's such a cool link, thank you! I actually really like the act they chose for NY! I can wait to check out the rest of them.

I like Tin Hat Trio because while they definitely have their own style and their touch is in everything they do, they have a wide variety of moods and influences. That particular album is quite varied from track to track but still cohesive.
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4398

• Paul Friett
Bruuuce...!

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4412

• joanna
Bit of Dylan for a change.....came across"Sweet Marie"..... Did Steve and the band cover that at Leamington...I think?
Smile x

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4422

• cheri
fatfish59 wrote:
Just on the odd occasion, I do listen to other music apart from Steve. It made me wonder if anyone else occasionally listens to anything else. :ohmy:

Just in case you did, how about posting a song or two that you are listening to. Here's a starter from me.

A stunning cover of a song that was a big hit a few years ago. In my opinion, one of those rare covers that is far better than the original (which I didn't like anyway!)

Ever since I discovered Steve and his music a year ago and two months, I have not listened to any of my other music. I am absolutely enthralled. Can't get enough of him and never will. :)

Cheri

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4433

• Harley fan
Recently I heard Tristan Mackay singing and playing on BBC tv and then Channel 5 News. The piece took my attention as Tristan is/was a busker and it sounded gooooood. To my knowledge, Steve was a busker too! Tristan was also appearing in Leeds, so I booked a ticket - all of £7.00 (plus a support).. and he was FAN bloody TASTIC, in every way. I even bought his CD. So, temporarily, Tristan has taken over my CD player....
I would love it if Tristan was Steve's support...Or Steve was Tristan's support.. whateva.... Only joking!!
Google him.

Re:What else are you listening to at the moment? 12 years 1 month ago #4435

• My Only Vice
I've been revisiting the music of Salif Keita. Blowing dust off the CDs, tripping through You Tube vids as is the way these days. The trouble with You Tube music videos is that it's so addictive; hours go by, albeit pleasantly, but hours . . .

I discovered Keita in the late 90s. Haven't properly listened to his work for a few years. It's good isn't it, listening to cherished music all over again. The stuff you'd forgotten about, that when listened to again retains it's magic.

We played this track, Souareba, at our wedding in '99. Damn site more joyous than 'Here comes the Bride!'.

I'd hide if I could, but I'm red in a yellow sea . . .