Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4163

• joanna
Jimbo`s list............How the heck ?? did I miss TWO gigs at Stafford "Top of the World"..... :( ......Perhaps I thought that that GORGEOUS CHEEKY GUM CHEWING SMILE would never been seen in real life near to my home and only on "TOTP"... if we were lucky.
(I was however "allowed " to go and see The Rolling Stones at Bingley HALL nr Stafford...poss around the same sort of time.)

:woohoo: I now know differently and am making up for LOST time :woohoo:
Smile x
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4170

• stewart g
Rebel played The Isle Of Man a week or so before the final gig in Manchester in July 1974.
It was here that Steve and Stuart in the soundcheck were working through Big Big Deal which was released as a single a few months later!
This was the first time the band had played The Isle Of Man..they returned of course many years later....
;)

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4171

• stewart g
Talking of Soundchecks....
I remember arriving at The Irish Centre in December 1989 quite early and parking up.From the venue I could hear music coming from a side door.I had to investigate and take a little sneak listen and was really impressed with a track obviously being played and sung by Cockney Rebel that I'd never heard before...
Turns out it was Victim Of Love which was played a little later in the show.
Ah, the joys of the soundchecks....

Victim Of Love...now there's a live track that's always been a joy to hear... B)

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4174

• cheri
stewart g wrote:
Talking of Soundchecks....
I remember arriving at The Irish Centre in December 1989 quite early and parking up.From the venue I could hear music coming from a side door.I had to investigate and take a little sneak listen and was really impressed with a track obviously being played and sung by Cockney Rebel that I'd never heard before...
Turns out it was Victim Of Love which was played a little later in the show.
Ah, the joys of the soundchecks....

Victim Of Love...now there's a live track that's always been a joy to hear... B)
Victim of Love is one of my favorite Steve Harley songs. I posted a video of him singing it somewhere on my loooonnng thread. ;) But, when I start saying something is my favorite, I always start thinking of more favorites until the list becomes very long. Steve just doesn't write a bad song. They're ALL my favorites. :)

Cheri

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4187

• Mr Raffles
When you look at the list of concerts the original Cockney Rebel performed during 1974 don't you find it amazing that no one took a 'bootleg'audio recording of any of them? It just seems incredible to me that nothing has surfaced.In no way am i endorsing such illicit material (Steve may be reading this!!)but sometimes i'd love to hear,however bad the recording may be,a bona fide tape of the 1974 original line-up giving it everything they've got during one of their momentous concerts.

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS .... ALL UK GIGS ? 12 years 1 month ago #4271

• Ray Smith
I've looked into this and made a list. Some conflicting dates I've found. Sometime soon within the next few weeks hopefully to be uploaded to Softie's place on Peter JH's site when he has the time.

It's then I'd like the input of what you all think is right or wrong please.

Cheers, Ray