Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS

EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 5 years 8 months ago #12806

• powaqqatsi09
It was 1973 and I was in Wax Records at the Junction in Southampton and Marc behind the counter was playing 'Sebastian'. I was blown away and couldn't wait for the album to come out. (see attached photo) CR played at Southampton Uni halls of residence on Sat 17th Nov 1973 .. the gig was advertised as a disco! I can't remember who the support was, probably one of the local bands, but when CR came on the power went off! They did the whole gig acoustically. Tickets cost 40p! They came back to Southampton on Thurs 17th Oct 1974 and by that time they were SH and CR and tickets were £1! supported on that gig by a band called 'Life' but I don't know anything about them and can't remember what they were like. Was anyone else at either of those gigs?
Attachments:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 5 years 7 months ago #12815

• COVENTRY DAVE
I saw Life support Black Sabbath at the Cov Theatre in '74.....about June.

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 2 years 11 months ago #13086

• COVENTRY DAVE
I know the Coventry Lanchester Poly gig was recorded, as said recorder said so in a Facebook comment a few years ago. I asked to do a trade for a copy.....was totally ignored ! ! !
Also, Nektar's gig at the Roundhouse, Dec 73 was officially recorded. Was Cockney Rebel recorded that night too...........? ? ?

EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 2 years 9 months ago #13090

• RobGrain
Hi, I first saw Cockney Rebel on Sun 2nd September 1973 at the Woodville Halls, Gravesend, Kent, opening for Suzi Quatro.
I haven't seen this show listed anywhere.

EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 2 years 9 months ago #13091

• RobGrain
Life were the support for Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel at the Rainbow 1974.
They had just released an album called "Life After Death". The Keyboard player was Ian Gibbons (R.I.P.) who went on to play and record with The Kinks, Ian Hunter, Roger Chapman and many sessions.
Last Edit: 2 years 9 months ago by RobGrain. Reason: Error, it was SH&CR, not CR.