Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4272

• jollyroger
RAY- with respect, here on this official website is where a great afficianado like yourself should publish his news and thougts? I for one, and I understand most who visit and contribute to this official website don't enter others, even PJH's. There are several SH Tribute sites on the internet, but here is where we all connect.
Please upload your lists/thoughts/and great CR Knowledge to this site, where we will all benefit.Many thanks
Reggie Cornwall
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4280

• Ray Smith
REGGIE - with respect to you also sir and to quote from the mans latest diary "Nobody dictates to me," not any fans, not anybody in MY family.

We discuss, amongst fans, we can suggest and we make a decision as individuals. It may be right or wrong, but we all make a decision.

I made a decision that seen as no one else had made the effort (as far as I know) after all these years to try and put some gig list together, that I would take it on myself to do such a list.

I've always sent whatever to PJH for my part of his site. He has always shown willing to do that for me. I respect Peter for that. I just thought it maybe a good idea (seen as this thread was started) to share with fans here also that I've done such a thing and that given time it is in the hands now of Peter when he has the time.

Any man or woman that looks into this site could have spent the hours I did to do the job. The gathering of all information from various soruces and the back breaking that it was sitting at the computer for such a time.

Again with respect Reggie, you say "I for one, and I understand most who visit and contribute to this official website don't enter others, even PJH's" I wonder then why this great official site asked me (and I confided in Peter for respect) if it was ok for them to put a link up here to my Mr Softies place. Of course I didn't mind sharing in that way, nor did Peter.

I may in time also send the webmaster here something to put on this site if he so wishes and thinks it of interest to share with fans.

Yes we are all here for the same cause of course, but I don't even have a facebook account, but look in at the posts there by fans sometimes from the link from this site.

These are my thoughts and I hope this asnwers your posting.
Cheers, Ray

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4283

• jollyroger
It was only a question/request! Have a nice day, mate.

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4284

• Ray Smith
It was only an answer, my thoughts, Mr Roger. Hope you have a great day too buddy

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4299

• Hobo With A Gin.
  • Ian.
I remember my cousin going to see Cockney Rebel in a pub called The Staging Post in Leeds probably late '73 and being miffed because I was too young to go.

They were strict on age in them days. :(

I'll see if I can get a more accurate month/date.

Re:EARLY COCKNEY REBEL GIGS 12 years 1 month ago #4310

• Ray Smith
That would be interesting Hobo as I've nothing listed like that