Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The damn iconic looking

The damn iconic looking 13 years 3 months ago #2038

• Maelitta
"damn iconic looking" : that's the way Aliz caracterized The Psychomodo sleeve.

And it is indeed.

Why that ?

Steve Harley's look of course, but a bit more than that. It is essentially due to the talent of the man who designed and shot : Mick Rock ! "the man who shot the seventies" as they say.
He also contributed to the Timeless Flight sleeve as far as I remember. May be more, I don't know.

If you want to see all his fantastic pictures, Debbie Harry - David Bowie - Mick Ronson - Iggy Pop - Thin Lizzy and more more more, have a look here :
www.mickrock.com/

I recommand especially the Black & Whites, Glam ans Classics. There is also a very emotional section dedicated to Syd Barett.

Enjoy !
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re: The damn iconic looking 13 years 3 months ago #2042

• crazy horse
iv checked his site many times ,i agree the mans got talent

Re: The damn iconic looking 13 years 3 months ago #2054

• Maelitta
Thanks for your comment, Crazy Horse, as sometimes I wonder if my english seems so incorrect that my posts get rarely any answer except from you ! :laugh:

Re:The damn iconic looking 13 years 3 months ago #2056

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
My friend (an online one) has suggested his book "Glam!" Have you read it?
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel

Re:The damn iconic looking 13 years 3 months ago #2057

• Maelitta
No I have not. To be honnest with you, if it's in english, I would not : too much of a hastle ;) (I am french, in case you would not have noticed).
But if it's a book with photos of the Glam Times, waoww ! I must have a look, it's a time I love particularly.

Re:The damn iconic looking 13 years 3 months ago #2058

• AlizarinStag
  • Mr. Jinx
Yeah, it's probably only in English, not being a classic text or anything. www.amazon.com/Glam-Eyewitness-Account-O...-Press/dp/1846091497

I am told the pictures are lovely, and include, most importantly, some nice ones of Steve. (I keep pestering my friend to scan some for me, but he doesn't have a scanner! Alas!) I love that whole time too. Which makes me sad because I think I would have fit in better then than I do now. Poo!
We've all been through bad times, but you gotta pass on the good stuff to others, not the bad. "If nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do." -Angel
  • Page: