Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: liverpool last night

Re:liverpool last night 13 years 5 months ago #1639

• malcie5
Lets hope that you get to go to the genuine fans gig this tour. l think it was good that you felt strong enough about this to write your first post, without it nobody would know any negatives, like crazy horse says liverpool usually one of the places to be, someone from south like me, always associates liverpool and Manchester with good music venues, enthusiastic crowd, and good night had by all.
It would be good to hear Steves views on venues sometimes, as surely there are some favourites either because of the sound of the venue, or the crowd that it pulls in.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:liverpool last night 13 years 5 months ago #1640

• mike o
Perhaps it was just the famous Scouce 'sense of humour' ;)

Not sure if it's the same 'person' but every SH concert i've been to, there is always the obligatory 'get on with it' shout, between songs :ohmy:. To me whoever you go to see, they should at least have a bit of repore with their audiance ( as Steve does), it makes them seem at bit more 'human' :huh:, if they want to be there, & not there just for a payday

Re:liverpool last night 13 years 5 months ago #1641

• albion
Thanks for everyones points of view, was expecting to get more feedback from gig attendees. I suppose you would have to be a regular Steve concert goer to frequent this forum, perhaps there just was not enough of them there. Interestingly on radio 2 this afternoon Steve did say Liverpool and Barrow last night were different.

Re:liverpool last night 13 years 5 months ago #1642

• crazy horse
i live on the N.WALES border ,about 25 mins from liverpool ,and have been to more gigs in liverpool than any other city,and i can honestly say iv never had a bad experience there ,pubs,clubs,concert halls ,have all been brilliant ,for example ,i once went to see a band called THE producers in a small theatre (the neptune i think) and the gig had to be called off (freak floods) and amazingly the pub over the road offered to let the band play there instead ,and put on a buffet at very short notice,and iv had a lot more good experiences in liverpool ,dont be put off by what was possibly half a dozen f***wits B)

Re:liverpool last night 13 years 5 months ago #1643

• albion
Take your point. I live about 40 minutes away and like the city and the people and have never had any problems myself thats what is so upsetting in a way. Maybe I was unlucky with where I was sitting. Incidently going off on a new thread I think I prefer the full band scenario but i'm sure others may think differently.

Re:liverpool last night 13 years 5 months ago #1645

• malcie5
Albion l also would say that l would normally prefer the full band sound but have seen Steve acoustically three times now, stripped to the bare bones, and the latest tour, as well as the full band and this particular time l preferred the acoustic with the venue l attended and with the crowd that were there.
Keep going to the gigs, keep posting, and keep your opinion coming cos thats what a forum is all about surely. Take care.