Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Acoustic tour

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1234

• Rebel
Rather than an acoustic tour, I'm longing to see Steve perform with a full blown orchestra and choir. Seeing the likes of 'Deathtrip', 'Sebastian', 'Tumbling Down' performed with all guns a blazing and crashing symbols would be my dream gig.
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1235

• RachelPAtoSH
We all thought it a great suggestion, Rebel1, the orchestra and choir performing the first two albums. Steve wants to experiment with various formats and musicians. Watch this space, eh! But the acoustic tour is building nicely and that will be exciting.

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1236

• rebelfreak1
  • jimbo
I once again refer you to my posting on here 3 1/2 months ago
re: the current band re-doing the first two albums.....

'......thinking about it,this current rebel line up would do justice to most,(if not all), of the human menagerie and the psychomodo tracks,would be an interesting experiment if steve and the boys could re-record the two albums in their entirity,in a 2010 stylii !!!
sweet dreams,and boy would they sell'...............mmmmmmm
i now think someone at comeuppance is taking note of jimbo's outlandish suggestions !!!!!
dont worry steve i will settle for a very small percentage of income generated....lol.'

I am watching closely Rachel,lol
as this suggestion seems to be gathering pace could I possibly up my percentage claim a couple of points...ha ha!
seriously this would be the ultimate gig for me after hundreds of rebel gigs over the last 37 years ,come on steve
you know you cannot resist this challenge.......
jimbo
chesterfield.
B)
'i fought a tiger just for the glory,the bloody battle was fierce and was gory,was like a scene from a kipling story,she sucked my blood like shes eating tandoori....'

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1238

• Maelitta
rebelfreak1 wrote:
thinking about it,this current rebel line up would do justice to most,(if not all), of the human menagerie and the psychomodo tracks,would be an interesting experiment if steve and the boys could re-record the two albums in their entirity,in a 2010 stylii !!!
sweet dreams,and boy would they sell'.............

THAT is a great idea.

I don't remember any rock band or singer doin' that before (recording, not simply playing on stage).

That would indeed seriously sell : to the old people (us B) ) and the young ...

Great, great idea !

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1242

• Maelitta
I think the musicians of Elbow (I suppose everybody knows Elbow here ?!) would probably be happy to play with Seve Harley for the 2 albums Jimbo has proposed.

As probably the hardcore fans know, their initial name, before Elbow, was Mr Soft, a tribute to our Mr Soft.

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1250

• frankholland
rebelfreak1 wrote:
thinking about it,this current rebel line up would do justice to most,(if not all), of the human menagerie and the psychomodo tracks,would be an interesting experiment if steve and the boys could re-record the two albums in their entirity,in a 2010 stylii !!!
sweet dreams,and boy would they sell'.............

Rebelfreak !, i would love and support that idea
those two albums with steve's current voice and band , wiil probebly the CD of the coming decade , WOW