Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Acoustic tour

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 10 months ago #1213

• prima donna
Rachel

Any chance of coming to liverpool or manchester with the acoustic tour?
i travelled for the latest tour, and it was well worth it, but i am sure there must be a venue in or around liverpool, steve has a big fan base here, so please, please can you out ask steves agent to checkout venues in the city of music!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 10 months ago #1217

• malcie5
folkestone leas cliff or even go small small again, central hall chatham. it certainly worked last time you played there steve

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 10 months ago #1220

• crazy horse
STEVE hasnt been to N.WALES since the STRIPPED AGAIN tour ,i went to three shows on that tour ,each one was sold out ,the welsh love a singalong y,know :P

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 10 months ago #1224

• Maelitta
As far as I have understood in the Rebelfreak1 post, this acoustic tour seem to be planned for real, now.

Personaly, I think I would not go for it.
The risk of it being boring is too too big ...
The songs of Stranger Come to Town are already quiet depressing (yes, I know ... Please don't throw stones at me ;) ).

What I would love to see is Steve Harley on stage with 3 young lads, fresh, jumpy and energetic. A bass, a guitar, a drum. Rock, rock, rock !
It is very much the trend at the moment that confirmed stars play with youngsters. It would put the light on him as it is a creative and bold enough attitude.

(well ... Actually I must admit I would go and see this xxx acoustic tour as I love what Steve Harley does, depressing or fanciful ... But he deserves better).

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 10 months ago #1225

• RachelPAtoSH
"The risk of being boring....."!!!???
Someone tell her, PLEASE
Rachel

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 10 months ago #1226

• jackpot1
Maelitta,I saw Steve in a 2 man acoustic with one musician at the Edinburgh festival, and it was magical.
Then the Bloomsbury Hospital fund raiser a couple of years ago - that was one of the gigs of the decade, any decade. One minute you can hear a pin drop and the next it's explosive improvised acoustic thrash-metal. Believe me, and I'm sure many others will back this up, it is NEVER boring. Maybe some Rebel guests etc at the Union Chapel, Steve???
I can't wait - Bring it on Steve!