TOPIC: Acoustic tour

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1227

• Maelitta
RachelPAtoSH wrote:
"The risk of being boring....."!!!???
Someone tell her, PLEASE
Rachel

"old fashion", if you prefer :kiss:
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1228

• Maelitta
jackpot1 wrote:
Maelitta,I saw Steve in a 2 man acoustic with one musician at the Edinburgh festival, and it was magical.
Then the Bloomsbury Hospital fund raiser a couple of years ago - that was one of the gigs of the decade, any decade. One minute you can hear a pin drop and the next it's explosive improvised acoustic thrash-metal. Believe me, and I'm sure many others will back this up, it is NEVER boring.

More seriously, I see what you mean, Jackpot.
Then ... if there is some acoustic trash-metal ... It could worth it.

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1229

• frankholland
Accoustic is Great

I have seen Steve playing accoustic sets over several years as well in the UK(Fairfield Halls) as Holland ( different locations). Steve is not a one-hour player so the set takes usualy around 2 Hours . It never bored me!In contrary, There was always a perfect balance between old and new songs and difference between loud or played with great feeling. BTW Steve is a Great narater aswell. So he's one of the few capable to compose the perfect evening

Can't understand someone could be bored !, as you realy love good music , you never get enough of this high quality standard

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1230

• sebcarroll
I can assure you that the experience of seeing SH live is never boring! The acoustic gigs are filled with as much power and energy as those with the full rock band. Also, there are far more bands performing acoustic shows nowadays than there were a few years ago, so I wouldn't have said old fashioned either...
Come to one of the gigs and I guarantee you won't be disappointed!

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1232

• Maelitta
sebcarroll wrote:
Come to one of the gigs and I guarantee you won't be disappointed!
Of course I would not ! Not me.
Or juste a little bit ... Naaa, I joke ! It's just to annoy Rachel B) Luv that !

But all the people here ont this forum are hard core fans. Steve Harley would play with a rap band or Lady Gaga (2 things I particularly dislike), they would applause with their 5 hands.
No, I think of these people who would surely be touched with what he does, younger people specially, people who have never heard about Steve Harley before. They would deserve something more attractive anyhow than "acoustic" which is not, I maintain, up to date ...

Re:Acoustic tour 13 years 9 months ago #1233

• Pandorah
Huntingdon Hall, Worcester
love this place ! have great memories of seeing Steve in this wonderfull place , would love to see him with faye and Ashleigh along side too.

Historic BuildingAboutThe Countess of Huntingdon's Hall was built as a chapel in 1773 by the very formidable Selina, Countess of Huntingdon. She was the Founder of the Calvinistic/Methodist group known as the Countess of Huntingdon' Connexion. The Chapel prospered until the second half of this century when congregations declined. The last service was held here in 1976.

By this time the building was in a deplorable state of repair, and there was a move to demolish it. However, a determined group of Worcester people fought to prevent this happening and, after ten years during which nearly £1 million was raised, the unique features of the chapel were repaired and restored to what you see today.

Many of the original pews have been retained with the addition of cushion, a number of which have needlework covers made by Worcestershire W.I. members. The pulpit was the centrepoint of the Chapel, and it's occupant was visible from all seats in the building. Nowadays the focus is on the stage, several feet lower, which is why there are seats in the gallery known to us as "listening seats". Graceful curved staircases lead up to the pulpit, which is flanked by two splendid eagle lecterns. The original communion rail is still in place beneath the stage. The organ is a very fine one, built by John Nicholson of Worcester in 1840.

Our beautiful Hall, the only one of its kind in the country, is a Grade II listed building. The poet John Betjeman visited it, and described it as being "unique and irreplaceable...a Georgian gem".

The Elgar School of Music buildings were originally glove makers' cottages. These were restored and the school open in 1983. It now gives over 200 individual lessons a week, and holds classes for pre-school music, ensembles and jazz improvisation.

Herbert Lumby Recital Room was built in 1990 on the site of the Chapel's Sale Room with a bequest from Mr Lumby's estate. It is used by the Elgar School of Music for classes and other events. The Box office and Administration Offices opposite The Elgar School are in the old Minster's quarters restored and opened in 1993.

The Arthouse Cafe Bar, The staircase and foyer were completed in 1993 with funds raised from the first phase of the Music Maker Appeal. The Arthouse Cafe Bar is a new and exciting venture at Huntingdon Hall, comprising a warm and modern interior which perfectly compliments the historical hall - the food and drink are excellent, too.

:kiss: