Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Supersonic Appearance

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 2 weeks ago #11550

• GedKen
New to Youtube, and I hadn't seen it before...

Please login/register to post on the forum.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , Stella Day, DaveM, cheri

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 2 weeks ago #11552

• ajsmith
Great stuff GedKen, always good to see some footage new to YouTube.

Another recent video is a short clip of Steve talking at the Liverpool Institute for Performing Arts:

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 2 weeks ago #11553

• DaveM
Two great videos, do you know if there is any more of the liverpool interview for us to see

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 2 weeks ago #11554

• GedKen
Thanks for that clip aj. I recently completed a short (online) course on songwriting (out of curiosity!). Although it said it would not go into music theory it was still a dizzying array of information on scansion, metre, scales and so on. To quote an old advert 'I never knew there was so much in it!'. Hats off to songwriters everywhere.

I emailed LIPA asking if they would upload the whole masterclass onto Youtube. I would love to hear more.

PS - the online course is on a website called Futurelearn which is run by the OU - heaps of short courses on there for the curious-minded.
The following user(s) said Thank You: , gill m

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 2 weeks ago #11555

• gill m
hello gedken,
thank you for the tip about futurelearn. had a quick browse at the site and think I've found just the thing for me. however, i was just wondering how easy something like online learning would be for someone(ok,me)with limited computer skills.
regards
gill

Supersonic Appearance 8 years 1 week ago #11558

• GedKen
Hi gill m, it is pretty straightforward really, they dice the weekly sessions into easy to follow bite-sized chunks and the info. comes across in short videos (3-4 minutes) and written sections (some of which can be saved as pdfs). They have online facilitators as well if you need any help as you go along. You can leave a course at any point as well if you feel it wasn't what you were looking for. Jump in and give it a go!
  • Page: