Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Not quite new here.....

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9620

• ipswich
Hi Dave
Welcome. Hope you're well
Regards
John
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9621

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Hello Dave, Have fond memories of Edinburgh August '98 in your camper van! :woohoo:
Stella. x
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9622

• jollyroger
Never met you myself, Dave, but I know you started Mr H's first ever website, and for that you are a star! I have heard a lot about you from chats in bars etc....so welcome back to what is a very active and interesting site. Did you attend Manchester/RAH/Birmingham/Gateshead? Reg

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9623

• PeterJH
Dave! Great to see you posting. Seems like ages since we last crossed paths :)

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9624

• joanna
B)
Never met you myself, Dave, but I know you started Mr H's first ever website, and for that you are a star! I have heard a lot about you from chats in bars etc....so welcome back to what is a very active and interesting site.

Just have to repeat jollyroger

:silly: Crazy, amazing, highly informative in everything re SHCR and a very special group of people.
SO Thank You.
Jo
Smile x

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9626

• DaveHornby
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It's great to be 'home' again!

Edinburgh and that bloody camper van! I spent the whole fortnight in that thing, along with boxes and boxes of CDs and T Shirts while Steve was performing at The Assembly - Luckily I'd parked it on a broken meter right outside the door of The Assembly, so it didn't cost a penny for the whole time we were there. And then on the final day, as I pulled away, the council turned up with a brand new meter! Happy happy joy joy!
Not as happy as the lady on the top deck of the open top bus that passed one day while I was asleep in the 'upstairs' bunk..... But that's quite another story!

I've spent some great times with a lot of you nutters - Remember the first (and I think only) Fan Convention in London? What a weekend THAT was!
And many many great times with the man himself, when I was lucky enough to be employed by him on tour. Happy memories, and do I miss those days? You bet your life I do.

Reg - Yes, I did start the first official SH website back in the day. So long ago, it was actually hosted By CompuServe - How old does THAT make me feel!?
I didn't make it to any of the recent gigs, the last one I attended was 'CockRock' in Cumbria a couple of years ago, but I intend to put that right asap.

Again, thanks for the warm welcome and it's good to be back :-)