Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Not quite new here.....

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9627

• Maggie Jones
Sounds like you have reall history with SH and the band, Dave. Welcome.
Now all we need to is the return of a couple of ex-contributors, much missed, Ana from the US and the chap with the Cherokee headdress photo, maybe Geronimo? Sorry if I've got that wrong, but he was helpful in getting Ana and Cherie on board, I believe. This is always an interesting site, no matter who is in or out..
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9629

• Stella Day
  • Reassuringly expensive.
Maggie Jones wrote:
Sounds like you have reall history with SH and the band, Dave. Welcome.
Now all we need to is the return of a couple of ex-contributors, much missed, Ana from the US and the chap with the Cherokee headdress photo, maybe Geronimo? Sorry if I've got that wrong, but he was helpful in getting Ana and Cherie on board, I believe. This is always an interesting site, no matter who is in or out..

:) Crazy Horse :)
If you can't say something nice don't say nothing at all.

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9630

• iantanner
Well done mate, you've been away far too long and missed some great and exciting gigs. Welcome back

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9631

• paulng57
Dave,
Great to see you back on Steve's site. I don't know if you remember but my profile picture is my son (Adam) on stage with Steve at Leamington Spa about 14 years ago, which was all thanks to you. Adam is now 22 and had the pleasure of meeting and talking to Steve last year, something I still have never achieved myself.
Cheers
Paul

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 8 months ago #9632

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Welcome back Dave! I hope you can regail us with all the stories that we have long forgotten.

Re:Not quite new here..... 9 years 7 months ago #9663

• Pandorah
DaveHornby wrote:
Thanks to everyone for the kind words. It's great to be 'home' again!

I've spent some great times with a lot of you nutters - Remember the first (and I think only) Fan Convention in London? What a weekend THAT was!
And many many great times with the man himself, when I was lucky enough to be employed by him on tour. Happy memories, and do I miss those days? You bet your life I

Oh my god ! Just when I thought it was safe to go back into the bar !

What was that you asked me to do for you Dave in Castlemilk ?
Oh yeah !

Debs Go into the bar and ask if there's a Karen Miller in there !
Oh and make Make sure you shout loud enough !

What ?

Get us Karen miller !

Who ?
She'll be in the bar !

Oh ok !
After Deborah has obliged ! By shouting not once ! But twice ! Across a crowded bar in Glasgow ! Is there a Karen miller in here !
And those who know me are laughing ! And asking Who ?
Who's Karen miller !?
Are you sure he said Karen miller debs ?
Yes yes yes ! Dave said she's in here ! And to come and get her for him !
And every ones laughing ! ( we'll I didn't think it funny ! Calling out across a crowded bar ) what ever next !

Karen miller indeed !

After much confusion ! And defeat ! I returned to he who should be respected ! Amongst a huddle of laughing know it alls !

," we'll I couldn't find her Dave ! "
Are you sure she went in there ?

Dave - " who "

Deborah. " Karen Miller "
that women you asked me to go ask for in the bar !

JOKER !

No debs ! ( amongst hoards of laughter )
You stupid woman !
I said get me a can of Millers !

Whatever !

Ah yeah such a bunch of nutters :dry:

Ah the tails I could tell ;)

And so your back ! From outer space ! I just walked in to see that look upon your face ! ( name that tune in one )

My first ever trip to Scotland that was ! ( acoustic it was ! With Robbie ) following poetic justice years ! Great memories of taxi rides with mr and mrs Jukes hues and certain individuals that will not be named for trashing my hotel room ! ( baggy bear was never to blame ) Opening bottles indeed with the door to my room ! and leaving dead pizzas and empty bottles of beer strewn everywhere !

Ah I remember ! I thought it tragic ! But to be honest ! It was some of the best years of our lives :P

On the road following Steve Harley .

Hello stranger ! Welcome home ! Will you be staying long ? you've missed some amazing concerts and people since you've been gone .