Steve Harley

& Cockney Rebel

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: New to Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel

Re:New to Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel 10 years 11 months ago #7953

• ffcforever
  • Primary School PE and School Sports Teacher
Hi Becky and welcome to this forum - you will find everybody on here fantastically helpful. Need to know anything Harley or CR related someone is bound to know the answer, just ask away. Enjoy Cavaliers and see if you can find the other albums on ebay or other such sites and catch the songs that are not on Cavaliers, there are some corkers that were unable to fit on the anthology!
Please login/register to post on the forum.

Re:New to Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel 10 years 11 months ago #7957

• cheri
Hi, Becky! Welcome to Steve Harley and his music. I came to know Steve late (first posted 2 1/2 years ago) as I live in the United States. Got to know his music on YouTube, became totally enthralled, found the website with many kind and amazing Steve Harley fans, and actually travelled twice to England from California specifically to see Steve live in concert. He is FANTASTIC live. You will be blown away by the band. I also want to let you know that his later albums are awesome; Steve just gets better and better. I feel I have discovered a treasure by learning about him. Have fun in Greenwich. :)

Cheri

P.S. to ffcforever--Hey, Jonathan, I'm coming back to England again this coming November to see Steve play at The Stables and in Bilston. I'll be coming with Scott this time. Deborah and I are considering getting a room in Bilston so that some of the fans can meet up at a pub and enjoy the evening together. Plans are not set in stone (I don't even know the day of the week that Steve is playing), but do you think you would be up for it??? Would love to see you again, AND a thank-you note and CD of our time together IS coming to you, I promise. I have just not had ANY time to do it--haven't even made my own CD of pictures yet. Kathy is coming today to stay for a week and help me start packing for Montana. Exciting but scary things are ahead for me. ;) I hope you are well and happy. Please give my love to Sallie for me.

Re:New to Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel 10 years 11 months ago #7969

• Becky
Hi!

Thanks for your welcome.

I'm hoping to order some more CD's but already booked tickets for Greenwich and would love to see them in Manchester next year, so trying to be sensible.

I tried to find 'Red is a Mean, Mean, Colour' on iTunes, but didn't show up - I just know I'll end up ordering the CD (Timeless Flight - I think).

Take care,

All good things!

Becky x

Re:New to Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel 10 years 11 months ago #7970

• Becky
Hi!

Thanks for your welcome.

I read your 'gig report.' I love your enthusiasm and to come all the way from America - true passion.

I have got the 'Stranger Comes to Town' CD and downloaded 'Friend for Life.' So yes, I agree his recent songs are equally as good as the early ones. I love his cover of 'True Love Will Find You In The End.' I think it's the simplicity of the song and I like the clip of him singing it on YouTube.

Anyway, I MUST try to come off the site and do something else, not that I consider it a waist of time - I'll probably just end up on his Facebook page - it's usually the way!

Take care, Cheri,

All Good Things,

Becky x